Picking up a new L930?

Selahattin Kotay1

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone! Firstly i am an old WP user since L920 i swapped to 1520 and my L1520 has dead pixels then gave it back. Used android and apple etc... Right now i want to be back to WP. I am a little bit confused from what i hear about L930. Its very good flagship and very beautiful lady. Yet i read a lot of issues about L930 which i never heard of L830, L1520.

Want to have 950 XL but you know, price is not effective for now. To cut the bush short, i can not choose which phone to take, L930 or L1520 or L830 ? Does it worth to buy 930 with problems? Can you please share your experiances ?

chris_gt

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
I'd go with the 1520 if you don't mind the size due to its better battery life. Otherwise the 930 is a great device.

The 830 as nice as it is, doesn't have the snappy performance of the other two. It's not slow, It's just that there is a huge gap from one SOC to the other, and it's very noticeable in day to day usage.

chris_gt

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Sometimes when you resume an app instead of being taken back to the app instantly you get a resuming screen. More or less frequent depending on the phone, faster phone: less resuming/loading screens.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
In my view, the 930 is the all around best Lumia available. The 1520 is a fine phone, and a close second. I just am still not sure that I could get used to a 6 inch screen.

The 930 has a great screen, feels great to us, is fast, and takes great pictures. I'm not sure what else you could want.

In the US, the 930 can not get LTE. That became an issue for me, so I stepped down to the L830. At the moment, I am considering giving up some camera specs to get the faster processor in the M8.

They are all great choices, but I would rank them as 930, then 1520, then 830.

Selahattin Kotay1

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
In my view, the 930 is the all around best Lumia available. The 1520 is a fine phone, and a close second. I just am still not sure that I could get used to a 6 inch screen.

The 930 has a great screen, feels great to us, is fast, and takes great pictures. I'm not sure what else you could want.

In the US, the 930 can not get LTE. That became an issue for me, so I stepped down to the L830. At the moment, I am considering giving up some camera specs to get the faster processor in the M8.

They are all great choices, but I would rank them as 930, then 1520, then 830.

Thank you for your explaination. Why L930 can not get LTE in US? Doesnt 930 support 4G already?

Lee Power

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Simply the Lumia 930 wasn't designed for sale in the US, it was designed as a worldwide phone instead. The US exclusively had the Icon. The US as normal just has to be different from the rest of the civilized world, mobile phones, cars, forklifts to name just a few everyday items where the US is different from everywhere & everybody else in the world.

Selahattin Kotay1

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Simply the Lumia 930 wasn't designed for sale in the US, it was designed as a worldwide phone instead. The US exclusively had the Icon. The US as normal just has to be different from the rest of the civilized world, mobile phones, cars, forklifts to name just a few everyday items where the US is different from everywhere & everybody else in the world.

LOL. Thank you for info m8 i just understood why icon exist. :cool:

sstiwari

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
i think im gonna take orenge colour today...

Take Lumia 930, if you want to live with following two issues:-

1. Confirmed screen flickering on 2G Voice Call & Data use.
2. Two microphones on back will fail, the moment you use headphones, and then you will not be able to use handsfree(speakerphone), the person on the other side would not be able to hear you.

Every Lumia 930 has these defects, and will return to boggle you, even after repairs.

Better wait for Lumia 950

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923