Hello,
    I hope I am doing this correct, I`m a newbie.
    I`m trying to find out what is a good sd card for my lumia 640 lte.
    Thank you
    10-13-2015 03:21 AM
    Hello,
    I hope I am doing this correct, I`m a newbie.
    I`m trying to find out what is a good sd card for my lumia 640 lte.
    Thank you
    You can't go wrong with any size Sandisk one. I hear that class 10(?) is the best to get, but I have never had any issues with a lower class.
    10-13-2015 07:10 AM
    I have one of the Samsung EVO microSD cards - 64GB. It's a Class 10 and I cannot complain about its performance. Sure it's about half the price of the phone itself (lower if you shop around) but overall I think it's a better investment because you are getting the faster transfer speeds. I definitely saw the performance difference on my Nikon when I switched from a Sandisk to a Samsung Class 10. I do see apps that I have installed to the SD card and have live tiles become available more quickly, and they seem to run faster than with other cards I've used. I could have had a bad card, but I think after buying several different cards over the years and using them in my devices with varying degrees of success I can say that you get what you pay for. 64GB for a Windows Phone is probably overkill now, but with the newer devices I imagine people will be maxing out their 128GB cards and looking for larger capacities.
    10-13-2015 08:46 AM
    I have had issues with SanDisk USB flash memory recently where they just failed. I tried diskpart on two machines for a failed drive, but the drive was just fried, I couldn't recover anything.
    Last Christmas, I got this high end SanDisk card from Amazon on sale for $32, when I got my 640 this summer I put it in there and it is very good, again this is a high end card, but my faith in SanDisk SD memory is restored for now.
    Amazon has sales for Samsung memory often, next time they run a sale, I may need to check them out.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...pUvbUpU3254965
    10-13-2015 12:02 PM
    I also have the Samsung Evo class 10. You can find these for a good price if you shop about. Its never given me any trouble and I ave used it in a bunch of phones. Transfer speeds are excellent and virtually all of my apps are stored on it.
    10-13-2015 12:32 PM
    See this thread:
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/mic...atibility.html

edit: And I use Samsung UHS-I 48 MB/s Class 10 card. Works just fine.
    10-13-2015 03:34 PM