If you could get an HTC 8X, unlocked, for less than $100...

neodk

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Would it be worth it? I'm rocking a 640 but one of the things that I will never really love is the camera. I know in some regards it will be a downgrade, maybe even a lateral move all things considered. If the seller isn't realistic about the price they are offering or it appears to be not well taken care of I won't pursue it. I've seen a Lumia 1020 go for a $100 (locally) on Craigslist but the seller said the speakerphone went out after they upgraded to 8.1, update 2. I doubt this highly.

Oh well, I'm venting. Back on topic.

HTC 8X - originally AT&T and now unlocked. Would like to perhaps buy if the price is right. Would $100 (preferably less) be a small enough risk to jump on it. Or, will I be disappointed with performance coming from a 640 LTE? We are talking a phone bought new less than a month ago versus a phone that came out several years ago.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
$100 for the 8X is too much IMO. I bought a 16GB unlocked (originally T-Mobile) HTC 8X last year in January for $123 so this should cost a lot less. Oh and I sold that very same device for $90 last year in November.

Tumultus

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Right from the GSM Arena's review on the 8x:
Sadly, the HTC Windows Phone 8X doesn't do all that great when it comes to image quality. The camera is usually able to get the exposure right and has good contrast and dynamic range, but the amount of detail it captures is average and the noise levels are fairly high.
Since the camera seems to be important to you, I would say "No, it isn't worth it!". I had the device myself back in the days when it came out on T-Mobile USA. The camera was a nightmare. Auto focus never worked the way it should. Even in videos, it continuously kept zooming when holding the phone steady on an object; got even worse when moving.

Shots taken with the L640 look much better with far more detail. Keep in mind: both are 8MP cameras, except, the 8x's camera is from a few years back.

Peter McNeill1

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Owning both with the 8X i'm trying to sell but no one local wants to buy a windows phone, the 640 is far better in every way. Ok, the 8x has better pixel density on the screen but it makes hardly any difference in real life.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss