Lumia 1020 beats the iPhone 6s black and blue in camera comparison, who agrees?

buddy007

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 1020 beats the iphone 6s black and blue in camera comparision

http://allaboutwindowsphone.com/features/item/21008_Camera_head_to_head_Lumia_1020.php
this article shows the comparison between lumia 1020 and iPhone 6s. the image quality in the lumia is still ages ahead of the latest iPhone. it is mindblowing, the amount of talent nokia imaging engineers had/have. iphone's colour reproduction is very bad compared to lumia 1020. colours are pretty washed out. The only thing holding back lumia 1020 is the processor and software. If Microsoft releases the same lumia 1020 with upgraded processor and image algorithms, it would be the undisputed king among mobile camera for eons.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lumia 1020 beats the iphone 6s black and blue in camera comparision

I've got an L1020 and the rest of my family (and my girlfriend + her sisters) all own an iPhone 5s. There are moments when the color balance of the Lumia 1020 is way off compared to the iPhones, but when it comes to sharpness and level of detail the L1020 clearly wins. Now for the iPhone 6s, which should have been an improvement over the 5s, not sure what changes they made but I was at least expecting the color reproduction to be better than the 5s - I haven't tried a 6s yet, so I'm reserving my judgments.

Nonetheless, I agree with you - that the L1020 has made it's mark in history as a camera phone. It's the only reason why I'm not yet upgrading to a newer Lumia (not even the 950). If Microsoft announces (if ever they do) a worthy successor to the L1020 (i.e. same resolution range), it'll be the camera phone to-have.

buddy007

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site

let's hope they do. I mean this thing doesn't even need any additional changes in the sensor field, so not much cost incurring for MS as well

Prabudh

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site

Totally agree with u guys, have tried HTC m series, Moto X and Nexus too along with iPhone and u bet L1020 is the best camera anyone can have...

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
All the websites touting the iphones camera. Because of the silly things. When you really want a camera for PICTURES. The 1020's camera is amazing.

Live2Deliver

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
All the websites touting the iphones camera. Because of the silly things. When you really want a camera for PICTURES. The 1020's camera is amazing.

Like this one? iPhone 6s Camera Review: Switzerland ? Austin Mann haha
One of those 'oh god our iPhone 6S is the best in the world' kind of...... biased, sales marketing purposed... user stories.

And they still got the gut to state how awesome is Nokia's Living Image on their iP6S!! Disgusting iSheeps.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site

Camera speed of the 1020 is still sluggish though so the iPhone 6s wins by default

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
NOPE. 1020 IMAGES ARE WAY BETTER THAN IP6s. Speed is not what I am talking about. If you know how to shoot you don't need superfast. I get al my shots and they look Much better than anything that comes from a crapple.

Iphones camera is the equivalent of a holga toy camera compared to a high end dslr which is the 1020.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Like this one? iPhone 6s Camera Review: Switzerland ? Austin Mann haha
One of those 'oh god our iPhone 6S is the best in the world' kind of...... biased, sales marketing purposed... user stories.

And they still got the gut to state how awesome is Nokia's Living Image on their iP6S!! Disgusting iSheeps.

Ha ha ha, those images in that review were horrible. Looked like something that came from my blackberry 8130. ha ha

Dan Min

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
The best part about the 1020 people think it is an lame Android phone ( note you can run Andy apps on it via special means ) and the 42mp lens is able to double as a 4k recording device with the right programming means. However that being said.

Back at after party play event. One of the guests pointed out the phones maker "Nokia". This was earlier this year. Nokia seems to be a popular name still over the Microsoft name.

If Nokia was to revamp the phone with a proper non blue display ( like an 2006 Apple Cinema display ) with no reflection and work with Nikon they would actually make a perfect all in one device. Maybe even with Nvidia engine inside.

All Microsoft and I blame Microsoft keeps doing is dumbing down the phones and focusing on the tablet area. Yes people want a surface but only because they feel they get the windows/labtop experience from it. Even my classmate
is promoting the Surface over the ipad nowadays.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre