Lumia 930 battery drain. How to calibrate?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hello to all, I have bought a new Lumia 930 and I got it today; I have read that the battery drains too fast and something about calibrate it (I'm new in this and I don't understant this concept); I also read that the mobile calibrate the battery itself in some cases. How can I do for get my battery calibrated and optimize its duration?

Thank you so much.

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Hey there, i suggest you to get account here. It's easier to get answers and ask them.. but that on side.
If your phone is brand new (you are first owner) phone tend to drain ALOT batter in first couple of days-even a week before ,,normalise it''. Ofcourse i bed you don't put your phone down so that drain battery too.. maybe install alot app at once and they all work in background (battey saver>disable what you don't need) and that, my friend, is battery kiler.
My advice: wait some time. Week or even more.. phone should be normal after that period, if not try hard reseting it and setup without backup option (maybe some app is stuck in proces).

Ps. and about calibration, some people had issuses with right battery % so they left phone drain till shoot down. Then put airplane and charge it to 100% and let it charge even more..couple of hours more. Do taht 2-3 times and their % was normalised. I do that after hardreset.. it might not be good but i still do it.

Have fun using 930, amazing device !

David1989

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
Hello, Marko Marjanovic, and thanks for your answer. I'm who made the thread (I didn't know I could log with my Microsoft account).

OK, I will wait a week to wait the result and see if the battery gets calibrated itself.

So, you say that doing the process of calibrate manually (letting go down and then overcarging) only if it doesn't do it itself, really?

What about the best time to start charge? It's better to let the battery go to 0% or charge when it has a little more of charge?

Thanks again.

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
There is no real and only one answer here. Most of them are personal prefference.
Let's say everything is good with your device and no drain, no buged applications etc.. you just opened phone and turn it on. Log on, install applications and start using-best case scenario. Then ,,I'' would let it drain till phone is dead. Charge it without cheking phone every second to 100% and then start again. 930 have decent battery and will let you finish the day with 30ish % left ( depend on usage, obviously ). I would put my phone at night just before sleep to chare to 80-90ish % then use it till 30ish%. It's not advised to overcharge batteries or let it die too much..and yeah, people tend to see better performance when they keep battery between 30-80%. After update, major one when you need to hardreset phone (like incoming win 10) repat proces till 0-100% and that's about it.
There is alot threads about battery on forums, be free to check and learn more facts.

:winktongue:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro