950 XL US Release date (anything to do with Zune Marketplace shutdown)

tribexx

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
All,

If this were a NORMAL company, Microsoft would release the Lumia 950 line BEFORE it shuts down the Zune Marketplace. So maybe the release date in the US is before Nov 15th? However, this is M$, so they may shutdown Zune Marketplace and leave those people in the wind until a December release....

thoughts?

Tumultus

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
LOL, I am glad you're not working for the FBI because, ... conclusions! :)
(BTW: In case you are not aware of it: A $ sign is not a capital S.)

OutlawFirebird

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
As much as I enjoy my Zune HD, and was hoping with wp7, or above that they would make a Zune phone, the Zune is dead, they dont update anything related to it. It sucks, I would still put music on mine, but you can't transfer anything from Xbox music to it.
Its probably costing more keeping it up since there are so few that still use the Zune. Truly a great device that was not taken seriously, and I fear that windows phones might suffer the same fate some day.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Keep the conversations on topic. We will not tolerate personal insults or attacks.

Friendly reminder folks.........
[INFO]
P.U.P.P.A.H
(Be Polite, Understanding, Patient, Professional, Attentive and Helpful)

• Be polite. We ask that you keep your language clean and polite.
  • Be understanding and patient. You may be a power user or developer, but the person you’re talking to on the other end may be a complete newbie. Be patient, and provide all details possible if you’re posting about a problem (descriptive thread title always helps).
  • Be a pro. Don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If someone responds in a poor or rude fashion, ignore it. If you notice a pattern of rude or poor behavior from a particular member, report them to our moderators. If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all. In a nutshell, ‘think before you post’.
  • Be attentive and helpful. Answer questions in a timely manner when you can, and provide thoughts and suggestions that might lead to the solution of a members’ problem.
[/INFO]

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Regarding the issue of shutting down Zune before the release of the 950, there are a couple of issues here. First, we don't yet have a release date for the 950. So, it may end up working out as you wish.

But, the two aren't necessarily related. Zune was deprecated with the release of Windows and Windows Phone 8. At that point, Windows built in services used Xbox Music as the music provider.

Microsoft has now rebranded those services from Xbox to Groove. Groove was up and running with the general availability of Windows 10. Which, is what you want. You don't want Windows 10 to be released before the back-end services that add functionality.

Zune has been on life support since Windows 8 came out, in 2012. It is unfortunate, but not unexpected, that it is finally being shut down for good.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre