My AT&T 830 is Updating, Will This Be Denim?

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I got a ATT branded 635 on Tuesday night and it was also updated to WP8.1 Lumia Denim, so I guess ATT pushed out an update for their low end device as well. I am not sure if TMO did that for their 635, all the more reason to not buy a carrier branded version.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I got a ATT branded 635 on Tuesday night and it was also updated to WP8.1 Lumia Denim, so I guess ATT pushed out an update for their low end device as well. I am not sure if TMO did that for their 635, all the more reason to not buy a carrier branded version.

There's this super-weird distinction between post and prepaid 635's on ATT. The postpaid models got the update, the prepaid ones didn't apparently.

And TMo is taking their sweet time I see.

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Having received the update, my Lumia Camera app is not working fast, not at all. Very slow to open, and frequently hangs. Worse performance than before the update.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
there are (were) 2 lumia camera apps in the windows store. also, if you did the OTA update, you "may" still be linking to the older one if the OTA didn't remove it. also, check in the "photo + camera" section in settings to make sure you are using lumia camera and not microsoft camers.

Lastely, make sure you are on version 5.0.2.54. on my 830, it's definitely faster than it previously was.

oryan_dunn

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Now that AT&T finally released Denim, the AT&T version is back on the software support page:
Availability in North America - Microsoft - Global

It was on their initially, with "unknown" under each column, and then was removed after it seemed the update wasn't going to come. It's interesting that my aio/Cricket 620 is still on that list, even though I'm sure it'll never see any sort of official update.

dacarter77

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Glad I checked the forum today. I didn't get any notifications but when I went to Phone update, it said there was an update ready to install. Loading now...

dacarter77

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Update is complete. The Lumia camera launches quickly, and after launching, you can hold the camera button to start Moment Capture. I don't see any way to take 4k video in normal video mode.

dacarter77

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Bummer, I didn't see that in any of the MS info. So no 4k, no Hey Cortana... We get "live folders" whatever that is (we already have folders, is the only difference now you can name them?), Some Glance screen enhancements (I can't get Bing Weather to show on the glance screen, so no improvements for me), faster IE, the W10 prerequisite satisfied, and some other minor tweaks. At this point I have to wonder why everyone wanted this update so badly. I'm not impressed so far.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Bummer, I didn't see that in any of the MS info. So no 4k, no Hey Cortana... We get "live folders" whatever that is (we already have folders, is the only difference now you can name them?), Some Glance screen enhancements (I can't get Bing Weather to show on the glance screen, so no improvements for me), faster IE, the W10 prerequisite satisfied, and some other minor tweaks. At this point I have to wonder why everyone wanted this update so badly. I'm not impressed so far.

wifi and bluetooth stability, netflix (DRM failed on it and a few other video apps), the usual "seems faster" and Lumia Camera 5.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte