How do I cleanup my phone memory on my Nokia Lumia 730?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

how to cleanup my phone memory in nokia lumia 730?

i own a nokia lumia 730. i have storage issues in it. the system files are consuming more than 6gb of the internal memory. (to specify the phone has an interna memory of 8gb) Anyone having same problem or with a solution please do reply.

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
Re: how to cleanup my phone memory in nokia lumia 730?

moove some system apps for phone to sd and if you are using apps like tumblr clear cash and moove them to phone to.. also be sure that everything is saved on the sd using the storage sense app and disable living images

SeanContra

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: how to cleanup my phone memory in nokia lumia 730?

I used to have a similar problem and I found a temporary (band-aid) fix by uninstalling and then reinstalling WhatsApp from my phone.
By default, it can only be downloaded and installed onto the phone memory (Why do devs do this? This is annoying!) and the size of it, in the phone memory, increases drastically day by day if you're on very active chat groups, despite the fact that the message/data backup is (can be made to) stored on the SD card.
I uninstalled, reinstalled and recovered my message database and got around a whole GB of free space of phone memory. More than enough elbow room till the W10Messiah comes to the rescue :)
I know the size of System Files is the problem, but try it. Give it a go. Worked for me :D Oh and don't forget to turn off internet (Wi-Fi or Cellular Data) and take a messages backup right before the uninstall (which is also best done with internet access turned off) so as to ensure no message is lost in the process.
If you're not a WhatsApp user, then God help help you, good sir ._.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes