Why isn't my hard reset working on my Lumia 630, frequent auto-resetting and blue screen?

Pedro H

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Hard Reset not working on Lumia 630, frequent auto-reseting and blue screen

I'm counting on the help of you guys for this, so please read thoroughly and post anything that might be useful. If the text is too hard to understand or dubious in any part that might be important for your understanding, don't hesitate to say it! I'll gladly clarify anything :)

Well, I just received my second Nokia Lumia 630 dual chip yesterday.

However, ever since I first booted it, there were being uncountable resets, one after another, resets on the starting screen, on the password screen... at any time.

I couldn't update the software because it would reset before download completion or installing completion, the following errors have appeared so far:
80072ee7
801882d4
800401f3
8011881e1

After the pleasant error after error, and reset after reset, comes the worst part, it got stuck on the windows logo on startup for more than one hour and half,sweet.

Got home, did a soft reset, phone would still restart on nokia/MS logo, again and again, plus blue screen.

So I searched a bit and did a hard reset ( without sd and sim, but obviously not knowing the battery state)

But as valiant as the bugs are, it reseted even while the white gears were doing their work, resulting in a blue screen with a badly aligned text, or a blue screen with a sad smile, or a black screen with a bigger sad smile.

Due to the likelihood that the error would keep repeating and maybe sometime the progress bar on the spinning gears would fill ( it almost did as I was typing this, but reseted and brought me a sad smile on a blue screen, charming,it got a blue screen with an error code but it reseted before I could write anything after 0x0, how expected). I searched for any problem like this, and I found about a flashing tutorial.

Honestly I don't want to risk that yet, but I don't want to face the bureaucracy of maybe months waiting for a replacement/refund at all. The Microsoft site is too evasive towards giving out phone numbers to talk with attendants who could maybe have easily helped me avoiding to get to this point, and I'm beginning to be afraid of the possibility of self-bricking or having to wait weeks for a tech to help me, or worse, to send it to the labs and they fake putting it to test and send it back to me saying it is ok or that it had no factory/ software error when it arrived to me, and it isn't hard to see that things like this are very common.

I'm currently downloading Nokia software recover tool, while on the background I can hear the cellphone reset ring every two minutes or less.

It's not the end of the world, but I don't want to waste time and money that I invested by buying and waiting for the cellphone to arrive nor I want to do anything that isn't safe and might ruin the chance of warranty , it's a fine cellphone but only when it actually works.

Also, if I get the work done in the meantime by the Recovery Tool (with third party cable, since I got none in the cellphone package, will it even recognize the cellphone on this state? x.x), should I cancel every download at the store and put the OS update as soon as possible or should I make some kind of configuration/ install something else first?

If you have read everything up to here, regardless if you are able to help or not, thanks a ton!

karan25i

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: Hard Reset not working on Lumia 630, frequent auto-reseting and blue screen

The way u described it,U shoud go to microsoft service centre.ithink u have 1year free service pack.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos