Bye Bye to the 640's

Status
Not open for further replies.

perpleSlerp

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Well, I gave it the ole college try but alas.. after three months I'm going back to Android.

It has nothing to do with lack of apps.

Main reasons:

1. The simplest of tasks take 1-2-3 more steps to accomplish on Windows than Android
2. I.E. leaves a lot to be desired (too many issues to rant about)
3. Lack of true shortcuts/toggles
4. Voice To Text limitations. Just not well implemented and it's just a chore to use (and I use it all the time) and it's frustrating every single time.
5. Mic limitations: Can't use it for web browsing (I mean even my $29 LG Fuel had this feature).. which I used to use all the time, nor for note taking/dictating.. which I used to use all the time.
6. Dialer/keypad not well implemented. Again, too many taps to do simple things and then get back to the dialer.
7. Annoying lag/stutter when scrolling webpages.

There are other annoyances. And yes, these are just little annoyances, but taken as a whole it's one big annoyance for me. Also, I realized I don't need a 5" phone (never mind the 640 XL I have sitting in my drawer!). Going to have to see whats out there in the sub-5" category these days... might not be easy to find!

Still for $80 it's a great phone if you can deal with it's limitations (if you're coming from Android, that is) ... I tried, but I can't.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I suggest coming back and trying Windows 10 Mobile when it's released officially. I think you'll find it more to your liking. Anyways, I'm glad you gave Windows Phone a try. I love Android but Windows Phone's unique, slick, personal design speaks to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720