Will Microsoft come up with new phone (W10 OS) in Lumia 640 XL range?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I am planning to buy Lumia 640XL.
Will Microsoft come up with new phone (W10 OS) in the same price range?
Is it worth waiting for few months or a year?

Microsoft must be ensuring that W10 runs fine on Lumia 640XL but can some expert shed some light on whether W10 will run smoothly on 640XL OR will 640XL hardware will not do justice to W10 OS?

Is Microsoft tweaking the W10 to support the previously released phones like 640 XL?
Are they compromising on some aspects while supporting the old phones?

Sorry, if this does not make sense to you. I am just doubtful while buying old phone when new OS is being released.

Prince Pusey

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
I am planning to buy Lumia 640XL.
Will Microsoft come up with new phone (W10 OS) in the same price range?
Is it worth waiting for few months or a year?

Microsoft must be ensuring that W10 runs fine on Lumia 640XL but can some expert shed some light on whether W10 will run smoothly on 640XL OR will 640XL hardware will not do justice to W10 OS?

Is Microsoft tweaking the W10 to support the previously released phones like 640 XL?
Are they compromising on some aspects while supporting the old phones?

Sorry, if this does not make sense to you. I am just doubtful while buying old phone when new OS is being released.

Trust me i have the same worries, i just posted a thread like this.

They have release it on 950 and 950 xl, so yeah the future devices will be listed but i doubt they are gonna tweek it cause windows 10 is like windows 8 on a windows Xp built machine. It will be pressured and you wont get a smooth run.

I tried the insider on my 521 waiting for official release so i can buy a low budget windows 10, but it never went well.

My 521 became unresponsive, now i am buying a 640 xl dual sim, and i wont be an insider, i'll use it until they have an official release, because the have 640 xl listed for release on WIN 10.

Windows 10 Mobile release date, price, devices and features - IT Feature from V3.co.uk "by the end of this year"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett