How do you protect your 640 XL?

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
How do you protect and carry around your 640 XL?

I am a big fan of phone holsters. I hate having phones in my pockets for the dreaded pocket dials. Never experienced pocket dial accidents in a holster. Also having something this big really bugs me due to chaffing inside my pants pockets and nudging against my family jewels. I ordered this last night after several days of searching and debating. I wanted it in orange, but no one makes orange holsters like this in this size.

Originally designed for the Galaxy Note 4, the compartment dimensions fit the bill. $26 Free Shipping.

Horizontal Leather Holster Cell Phone Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 With Metal Belt Clip

81orCp89WbL._SL1500___14109.1424388584.1280.1280.jpg

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

Fits Otterbox Defender, Ballistic Case, Lifeproof Case and other similar phone cases. - Interior Dimensions 6 3/4" X 4" X 3/4" - Our premium bonded leather holster clip is built and guaranteed to satisfy your every-day needs. Designed for comfort, aesthetic ability, and functionality, you??ll find our leather holster quickly becomes a daily necessity. With a Magnetic closure system for quick access to your phone, your phone will always be at your hip and ready to use. Our premium leather is beautiful yet subtle; soft yet durable. Ward away dirt and dust and protect your mobile phone from scratches and falls with our tough-as-nails leather holster. Plus, for added ease and mobility, we??ve included a heavy duty rotating metal belt clip, so you can swivel the holster any way you want and attach it where is most convenient, whether that??s at your belt, or your purse, or on your car??s dashboard.

Fits Otterbox Defender, Ballistic Case, Lifeproof Case and other similar phone cases.
Interior Dimensions 6 3/4" X 4" X 3/4"
Heavy Duty Rotating Metal Belt Clip
Interior Soft felt fabric protects screen
Premium Bonded Leather
Easy Release Magnetic System
Ergonomic Design
30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee
Made in USA

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
cool, thanks for posting this. I may buy this when I am getting tired of the one I have now or when it falls apart. I take it from the pics that it keeps it closed via magnets? I used velcros before but they are too loud when you open the holster. This is what I am currently using. This is one of the cheaper ones.
517x6DVFLQL._SL1000_.jpg

I also bought this one, however, if you have a case that is made from soft plastic (e.g. PU), then it will discolor your case.
51XhA290uDL.jpg

Both of these holsters fit the 640XL well, even with a thin case on it.

This is the case I have on mine. It is crystal clear and fits the 640XL like a glove.

Being paranoid with the largest phone I ever had I also invested into a screen protector. This is a tempered glass one and it feels just like the gorilla glass (it has an oleophobic coating on it).

Last edited:

sadude69

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I purchased a tempered glass screen protector from Amazon and I have ordered a 2 part case as well. My 1520 was broken one too many times so I am trying to be more careful.

Hopefully I won't miss the 1520 too much :-(

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Once I get the holster, I'll post a review. I've had a swivel leather holster for 4" phones for ~10 years and it's rock solid. Been through 5 phones and still works great. It is showing its age however.

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I am running without protection.
Dropped it from 5 feet on its face, smooth indoor surface, still ok.
This phone is 1/3 the price of 1520, so naturally i wouldnt treat it the same way.

perpleSlerp

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I've not had either my 640 or my 640 XL pocket dial once. That being said, I'm not big on cases or holsters etc. With the back covers being so cheap for our phones.. I would just replace them as needed if they get too mucked up. That being said my 640 is my daily driver (though not for long, going back to Android.. but that's a whole other story) and at three months old there's not a scratch or mar on any part of it. I wouldn't say I baby my phones, but I am careful with them.

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
I've not had either my 640 or my 640 XL pocket dial once. That being said, I'm not big on cases or holsters etc. With the back covers being so cheap for our phones.. I would just replace them as needed if they get too mucked up. That being said my 640 is my daily driver (though not for long, going back to Android.. but that's a whole other story) and at three months old there's not a scratch or mar on any part of it. I wouldn't say I baby my phones, but I am careful with them.

You really take care of your phone I can tell. Holsters aren't for everyone. I like having the phone on my belt because it's so quick and EASY access instead of pulling it out of my pockets, especially when I am sitting down or in motion. I don't like putting phones in my back pocket since I may sit on it and screen cracks (the most likely outcome) or have to do a #2 and it falls in the toilet while pulling down trousers. If I put it in my front pocket, it's not easy to take out at all.

I've found the holster to be best for me and it's great protection as well. The magnetic flap requires little effort to open, yet secures the phone well. The swivel allows me to adjust the holster 360 degrees, especially while sitting to prevent it from digging into my leg and becoming uncomfortable in my pockets.

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Got the case today. It's quite sturdy and rugged. I like it. Only thing I worry about is the swivel giving out early as it's the only moving part. Overall, it's excellent quality. My 640XL fits in it very comfortable with plenty of room to spare for a case. Going to get a case for it when I find one that suits me.

Anyone know if any case that lights up Tron style?

nostradmus

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Using a Nillkin clear 0.6mm thin tpu case I bought off eBay for around US$10 .

- very thin case.adds barely any size to the phone
- Fits quite well and has a raised lip to protect the phones screen.
- raised power and volume buttons with good feedback.
- has removable usb and headphone dust plugs built into the case (hard to describe , google it ☺)
- has matte texture around sides of case for better grip.
- tiny lip around camera so speaker isn't muffled.
- all cut-outs are spot on.

My only gripe is the fact that the manufacturers name is stamped on the rear of the case. Aside from that I am very happy with it and will buy another if necessary.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo