No word on New phones and only 8 weeks till Christmas.

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft need to get there act together it is closing in on Christmas fast and there is no indication when these phones are going to be available around the world.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft need to get there act together it is closing in on Christmas fast and there is no indication when these phones are going to be available around the world.

they most certainly did.... now an exact date wasn't given, but November seems like it's set in stone. Mozo seems to be shipping the custom backs mid november, so that may help circle in on a closer date...

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
No listing on there Thai website, and no pre-order available in Australia. At lest the Australian online store has the information that a new phone is on it way.

pjm1891

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft Sweden just announced the official date for us over here a couple of hours ago. December 3rd. I guessed something was up because suddenly a lot of stores had their listings up.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Well, 8 weeks is like two months, right? That isn't that soon, i mean really, that's 60 more days. The Christmas is on 25. (i think), so that makes you 64 days more to go, i'm pretty sure they can ship them during this period.

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I hate this vague timeframe MS is doing. If they just said Nov 6 I can live with that. I'm okay. I'm an Android user so it's not killing me say if I was on my 920 like some. I do really anticipate those phone and excited to give WP another whirl with 10.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I hate this vague timeframe MS is doing. If they just said Nov 6 I can live with that. I'm okay. I'm an Android user so it's not killing me say if I was on my 920 like some. I do really anticipate those phone and excited to give WP another whirl with 10.

I recall someone from Microsoft saying that the hardware is ready, but the OS is where the holdup is. That was said during or after the October 6 event.

MiloTheOne

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site

I talked to AT&T and MSFT, pre-orders will start the first week of November. MSFT told me that pre-orders with contracts can be ordered from any MSFT store. Hoping that includes the XL 😅

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
This is something im not happy with.

Other applications

Game features: Touch UI, Xbox Live Hub, DirectX 11

They were working with Qualcomm to get these working with DirectX 12. Yet their website doesn't state it. Was this abandoned? Will it be available in the future? MS needs to give more info on things like this.

EDIT: here's the article that mentions they were working on it. DirectX 12 to boost gaming on Windows Phone devices, Qualcomm says

Nicholas Ek

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
This is something im not happy with.

Other applications

Game features: Touch UI, Xbox Live Hub, DirectX 11

They were working with Qualcomm to get these working with DirectX 12. Yet their website doesn't state it. Was this abandoned? Will it be available in the future? MS needs to give more info on things like this.

EDIT: here's the article that mentions they were working on it. DirectX 12 to boost gaming on Windows Phone devices, Qualcomm says

Given that the "Hub" hasn't been there in quite a while, I am sure that is just old copy-pasted information. Someone being lazy heh. :p

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft did say November for the 950 and the 950 XL and December for the 550.
That is the worst part in their overall presentations and business. They have made this "Coming Soon..." exclusive TM for them. They might now know that they loose all attention because of same. You come up with a new phone and say 'a date' when this will be available for order / in store....else dont worry about new customers. On the very second day, no one want to wait for something which is "Coming Soon..."!!

Nicholas Ek

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
That is the worst part in their overall presentations and business. They have made this "Coming Soon..." exclusive TM for them. They might now know that they loose all attention because of same. You come up with a new phone and say 'a date' when this will be available for order / in store....else dont worry about new customers. On the very second day, no one want to wait for something which is "Coming Soon..."!!

Speak for yourself :) November is a month away. My current phone is not losing capabilities overnight, so I'll be fine. ^^

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

Even BlackBerry has beaten them to it....

BlackBerry opens pre-orders for new Priv Android flagship in UK, US and Canada

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Speak for yourself :) November is a month away. My current phone is not losing capabilities overnight, so I'll be fine. ^^
Really... every time a new phone or update or anything comes up, its just few months away !! why not a date? yes, everyone knows that a month has just about 30 days, but when you see others coming with some new product, they get you a date when its going for pre-order and when its going to be in your hand !!

PS - I said that for ppl who want new phone / features when it comes out. We all know world is not ending over night with current phone in our hands :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss