So sick of Lumia 640

len0808

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm so sick of the wifi turning on automatically and connecting to any unknown wifi everywhere I go. My Wi-Fi is set to turn on manually. I'd like to smash this phone to pieces. If I can remove the Wi-Fi antenna/module, I would have done so yesterday.

len0808

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Thanks xandros9, I went in and also deleted known networks as well. I wish there is an option to set to turn on 'never' instead of manually. it should work the same, but at least 'never' means don't flip with my settings until I say so.

Last edited by a moderator:

neodk

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I am not experiencing the problems you are having while leaving Wi-Fi on. Then again, I don't allow the phone to connect to open Wi-Fi hotspots just because. I only have two "known" Wi-Fi connections and that is the one at my own home and the office. I generally try not to use the office because I don't want my internet access filtered and restricted.

TusharG

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
It is connecting to unknown WiFi because you have asked it to! When you configured your phone you enabled the Wifi sense and share/connect to networks.
Goto Setting-> Under Network+wireless -> WiFi -> Scroll down to [WiFi Sense] - > Disable connect to WiFi hospots -> Uncheck "Accept terms of use for me when required" , Uncheck "Provide my name,email address or phone number when required", Disable - Share WiFi networks I select on uncheck Outlook, Uncheck Skype, uncheck facebook.

Done! This all you selected when you initially configured phone without reading it :wink:

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
It is connecting to unknown WiFi because you have asked it to! When you configured your phone you enabled the Wifi sense and share/connect to networks.
Goto Setting-> Under Network+wireless -> WiFi -> Scroll down to [WiFi Sense] - > Disable connect to WiFi hospots -> Uncheck "Accept terms of use for me when required" , Uncheck "Provide my name,email address or phone number when required", Disable - Share WiFi networks I select on uncheck Outlook, Uncheck Skype, uncheck facebook.

Done! This all you selected when you initially configured phone without reading it :wink:

Explained. Don't blame the phone when it's your faul.

len0808

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I triple checked the wifi settings, everything was set "off" already, and the phone still turned on wifi, connect to hotspot automatically, not all the time, but sometimes. I am blaming the phone.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720