If I reset my phone, does it stay carrier unlocked?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I'm currently looking at trying out the Windows 10 Mobile preview, and much of what I've read says that system resets are needed to make it useable. If I perform one, does my phone remain carrier unlocked?

I have a Lumia 1020, currently unlocked, but it is an AT&T model. Just want to be safe before I do it.

pass11

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Having accidentally upgraded my unlocked att 1020 to a very early build of w10 mobile months ago. And then having to restore it to Wp8.1. I'll say yes, its fine to do so. My 1020 is my primary phone which I use on tmobile everyday.
Now I'm not saying do it. Especially with your primary phone. Cause if something does happen, you maybe out of luck. Also just because in my scenario it work that way, it may not for you.
I have a Roger unlocked 920 which I use to test the w10 mobile builds and it also works with my tmobile sim

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
The APN info in Settings > Extra > Access point will revert back to AT&T. The APN info in Cellular SIM settings may also revert to factory settings. If on a different carrier than AT&T the SMS and Internet APN settings may need to be entered manually.

Tumultus

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
The APN info in Settings > Extra > Access point will revert back to AT&T. The APN info in Cellular SIM settings may also revert to factory settings. If on a different carrier than AT&T the SMS and Internet APN settings may need to be entered manually.
That actually depends on the SIM card / network provider. If the phone can find the APN settings, it will update automatically.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium