Lumia 1520 - Images stretched at corners

SunshineM

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
Hello,
I need to know whether it is normal or is it issue with my Lumia 1520.

At all corners and sides, the image is stretched. For example, if I take a photo of person whose head will be in the middle of the screen, then image comes out perfect.

But if I tilt my phone so that bring head close to top of the screen, then I see head is stretched.

Is it because Lumia 1520 is using Wide Angle lens, or issue with my device?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Hello,
I need to know whether it is normal or is it issue with my Lumia 1520.

At all corners and sides, the image is stretched. For example, if I take a photo of person whose head will be in the middle of the screen, then image comes out perfect.

But if I tilt my phone so that bring head close to top of the screen, then I see head is stretched.

Is it because Lumia 1520 is using Wide Angle lens, or issue with my device?

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Yup that's a common problem in the Lumia 1520, I have two and they both have that same problem, I remember when watching how the 808 was made, the head of imaging back then had this idea to test each lens for that same type of malformation.

On the positive side you can automatically correct such distortions if you have the right tools
How to make a lens correction profile for your smartphone | Pocketnow

Another positive things, My Galaxy S6 has that same problem (only slightly less pronounced) and many say it could be the algorithms trying to make a straight line

ceraf

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
It's the device's lens...probably made this way. To work around it, I usually just take shots from further away (if possible) and then crop the image later.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss