What will W10M do for L830 Owners?

richv77

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I am wondering if there will be any real benefits to installing W10M when it is released on Day 1 or Even on Day 30?
Will MS announce any new apps during the first 30 days?

My 830 runs as smooth as butter on 8.1 Update 2 so why upgrade right away?

Thanks for your comments.

-Rich

Tumultus

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Being able to run the latest (and universal) apps on an up-to-date operating system is something to think about. Over time, developers probably will discontinue their WP8.x apps and replace them with universal apps in order to make use of new features and libraries.

Nobody says that you have to upgrade right away (or ever). The decision is completely up to you. Also, I don't think that Microsoft will be the one announcing new apps. Keep reading WC and you'll stay informed. :)

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
That's like asking if you should upgrade your computer from Windows XX to Windows 10.

It's totally up to you, but I would be sure that as apps move to become Universal, the 8.1 store will get sparse or apps will no longer be updated on that platform.

ShaneRay

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
There are a lot of improvements in 10 that I like. And, most of MS's apps have been improved...or at least on their way to being improved.

That last part is worth considering. They are very close (and the last preview build proved that...to me, anyway), but there are still going to be some kinks to work out after RTM. So, a day 1 install probably wouldn't be recommended for someone who hasn't been an Insider.

All that said, I enjoy what Win10 brings to my 830 and suspect the experience will be on par with 8.1, if not exceeding it, within a reasonable amount of time.

My two cents....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720