Anyone not on ATT recieved the OTA Denim Update for Lumia 830 from ATT?

barotropic

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
My wife has an at&t branded 830 which we now use on cricket. Just yesterday, I gave up waiting for an OTA denim update. I installed the Windows Device Recovery Tool on my PC and plugged the phone in. Immediately it told me there was a 1.7gb update available, and after an hour, the phone is current. Finally!

rose58

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
How do you use the recovery tool for the update, is it as simple as you say? Can you please provide me with the details ? Thank You.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
How do you use the recovery tool for the update, is it as simple as you say? Can you please provide me with the details ? Thank You.
Search for Microsoft Recovery Tool (I think it's called now - used to be windows phone recovery tool), the link to download will be on MS website. Once you download and install, plug your phone into your computer, and it will tell you the version you have on your phone, and the latest available. You can then choose to download it.

The link is on this page: https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...singleTopic%26topic%3DFA142987&token=3xQwa1Zh

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site

yes, it's that simple! gordonfink pretty much outlined it. run the app, plug in your phone, it'll detect it and go from there.

This method WILL erase your phone

barotropic

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it will erase your phone. But if you do a backup first, you can restore the phone almost perfectly.

After the phone reboots and the new version install is completed, you'll start through a setup process, just like on a new phone. During that process, you'll be asked if you'd like to restore from backup. Select YES, and you'll get back to where you started, with very minor exceptions.

IMarshal

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
For what it's worth...

A few days after the Denim update was released, my AT&T-branded Lumia 830 still hadn't received an update notification. On a hunch, I disabled the Microsoft Preview for Developers app and checked for updates. And sure enough, having the preview app enabled was blocking the update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos