Apps installed on SD card stopped working, but did work at first. What could the problem be?

W

WPCentral Question

Apps installed on SD card stopped working, but did work at first

I have a Lumia 635 that was running WP8.1 Cyan. I installed the Windows Insider app to get the WP10 Tech Preview. The install went fine, and I was able to use the phone as well as all the apps on my phone.

Today, I received a phone call where the phone displayed the call, but the ringer didn't work. I couldn't even swipe the phone upward in order to answer the call. So I rebooted the phone (via vol.down+power for 10sec)

After the reboot, I could receive calls properly again, but now none of the apps installed on the SD card work. On the main screen, they are all "ghosted" out.

Tapping any of them, the phone tells me the app is installed, but is on the SD card, and that the SD card is not installed. Well, the card IS installed as the photos on it can all be seen in the camera roll.

I shutdown the phone, took it apart, removed the battery, reseated the SD card, and put it back together.

Still no SD card apps are available.

The FAQ stated to re-install the apps, but that can't be done either. One of them for example is Microsoft Mahjong. I was able to select uninstall from the apps menu, but now when I go to the store to attempt a re-install, it just tells me that the app is already installed, but it isn't.

I also wanted to attempt to revert to WP8.1 via the Windows Insider App, but that app is also not available as it is on the inaccessible SD card as well.

So now what do I do with this brick?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos