Whatsapp notification problem, how can I fix it?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Whatsapp notification problem

I have a Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE (windows 8.1 update2) running the latest version of Whatsapp.

My problem is a delay or sometimes no notification of new messages on Whatspp. (very) occasionally I get notified straight away but most of the time there is anything from a 10 minute to a 60 minute delay. When I open the app to see if someone has replied there is a message sitting there but otherwise I would never have known.

When it does (eventually) come through it's on my lock screen, I get a notification sound and my tile shows a message. It's simply that there is a long delay in me being notified.

I have tried reinstalling but to no avail. It seems to be a fairly common issue but I can't seem to find a solution. It feels such a basic function that should be working.

Any help would be appreciated.

AlanStuart

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Re: Whatsapp notification problem

I posted the original question.

This is not solved by a hard reset.

After many emails, I received this from Whatsapp support.

##- WhatsApp Support -##
Hi,
On Windows Phone, Push notifications come through a connection to Microsoft's servers, whereas messages come from a connection made through WhatsApp servers.
The Push notification do not get processed by WhatsApp.
This is how it works: when someone sends you a WhatsApp message, WhatsApp server sends a notification to your phone via Microsoft Push Notification Services (MPNS). Then MPNS manages to send the pop-up notification to your phone. Currently, all of our servers are operating and connecting to MPNS normally.
If you are still experiencing any delay or failure to receive the pop-up notification on your device, your phone may be disconnected from MPNS. Microsoft's servers might be unable to connect to your device. In this case, please contact your mobile provider or your Wi-Fi administrator to help you configure the network settings on your device.
Please also note that even though you can connect to the internet to use WhatsApp or other applications, you may encounter a networking issue to connect to MPNS because the notifications and messages use different types of connections.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. We would be happy to help!
Cheers,
Tereza
WhatsApp Support Team

style2k12

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: Whatsapp notification problem

same problem here last few days.
i dont get any notifications . just only when i open whats app the messages comming in.

update
i just emtied notification screen hour ago. now i enter it its empty and suddenly from more apps there are coming notifications that are verry late .
so mabe the problem is i the notification centre????

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss