my existing sd card that's been in my fone for months has today suddenly stopped working, my fone says sd card not inserted/ detected! but its inseted and has been working for months, what do I do?
    10-28-2015 04:30 PM
    You can try this: 1st step is to reinsert your sd card into your phone. Turn on phone, check if SD is found, if not press and hold volume button up and power button till your phone vibrates - soft reset. Your data won't be lost, its like restarting Pc. When phone turns on again, you should see some message saying scan drive/card or stuff like that. Depending on your Sd card size, speed and amount of data in it, wait for a while till it's scanned in approx. 2-10 minutes. After that you should be fine.
    If not then plug your sd card into card reader and plug it into computer. If it doesn't open in it, it's most likely dead. If it does, copy and backup all your data from it somewhere safe and format SD card. Then you can put it into your phone and check if it works.
    Other possibilities are that phone Sd card slot is malfunctioned, or Sd card needs to be put correctly.
    Hope it helps.
    10-29-2015 03:03 AM