Is the Lumia 830 still a good buy today @ Rs18000?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hey I am loking forward to buy th Lumia 830 in India but just not sure if its a good idea to buy a fone which is already a year old.. but it has been promised the Windows 10 update and also has an amazingggg camera.. Conphused.. Any Suggestions if its a good buy at the price point of Rs18000?

Anand Nayak

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi, If I am not mistaken the Lumia 830 ( The last of the Nokia Lumia flagships) has been discontinued by MS. It is expected to get a successor, the MS Lumia 840, I think. BTW, I am also using a 830 and it's really a great piece of H/W. It's Sleek, Camera is great, expandable memory upto 128Gigs, 5 inch screen,,,i can go on and on...However, if you are still able to purchase it from somewhere, then go for it. It is also expected to get an Win10 upgrade, so its an awesome deal at 18K.

Alternately, you may consider the Lumia 640XL with dual SIM and LTE (4G) support recently launched by Microsoft. Should also cost you approx. the same.

Ultimately, it's your call.

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Hey thanks for the reply.. My whole point was does the phone underperform when updated to Windows 10? or should i wait for a newer version?
We don't know that as official update isn't released yet. So far, on newest build, my 735 which has same cpu and gpu as 830 works smooth almost as on 8.1.2. So there probably isn't place to worry ot'll lag.
Also, it isn't espected thet MSFT launch 840, we don't know anything about thatdevice and it ian't advised that you wait for it, as it may never happen, MSFT has new strategy for reducing series and WC reported that 840 has been discontinued.

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Thanks a lot Dusan.. Since its performing smooth on your Lumia 735 I think I will just go for it.. really appreciate your views.. :)
I must add now that I'm noticing some slowdowns in Edge, notification center, etc. It's rumored that W10M will be released at November 12. It's just a rumour, but it's jist a few days left, if ypu don't mind waiting some time,maybe you'll see official reviews very soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes