Glance + double tap to unlock issues Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2

SA3DX

May 7, 2014
Visit site
I just bought a new Lumia 640XL and after updating the apps I noticed that glance didn't work. So after I factory reset the phone it worked flawlessly. After a while now it doesn't work. I used the 2106 technique to remove glance then installed it again to no avail. It still doesn't work. I don't want to reset again because it's getting annoying. Any help, please?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Not sure what the problem is.. download an app called "sys app pusher" (there are others like it so choose the one you like) and use that to check for any updates for glance.. Could be that an update wasn't pushed?

Another thing to keep in mind is that the glance functionality on the 640/xl is limited due to low display memory

SA3DX

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Well, I did check first if an update was available, but there wasn't one. So, I changed the phone's date to 2106 and removed glance and installed it again and it didn't work. I'm biwilered because a friend of mine has the same phone and has no issues with glance. And I'm pretty sure it isn't a hardware issue. Or is it?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Well, I did check first if an update was available, but there wasn't one. So, I changed the phone's date to 2106 and removed glance and installed it again and it didn't work. I'm biwilered because a friend of mine has the same phone and has no issues with glance. And I'm pretty sure it isn't a hardware issue. Or is it?

Could be an issue with your specific phone, so I wouldn't rule out hardware. The only way to know would be to do another hard reset to check if glance works afterwards again.. Try soft resetting first

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05