My Phone was stolen, what to do?!

marin9

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Hi, my Nokia Lumia 1020 was stolen last week, it had "find my phone" feature turned on but it does not work.. I had stupid 1111 password. So is it possible that thief had factory reseted my phone, and if it is, what can I do to find it?

T1h1

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
If he did not factory reset it by now you can only hope he does not read this forum because you just made it much much easier for him by shouting your "stupid" 1111 password.

Lee Power

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Report the phone stolen to your network operator so its blocked. Your will need the IMEI number, it will be on the box the phone originally came in.

tweedie

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Even with that stupid 1111 password, whilst it is pretty easy to work this out, it would still take a fair bit of time/frustration for this thief to work it out. Keep trying that "find my phone" as I suspect it hasn't turned on since you lost it or not connected to network. Or maybe it just "lost down the couch" sort of thing and may still be at the same place as you lost it. Use that find my phone to track its last known location and may be worth rooting around for it. If definitely got it nicked, then like Lee Power says, report it to your network operator.

Withheld

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
If your Network hasn't locked it yet, you can go to Microsoft Windows Phone website and lock it with a message how to contact you.

marin9

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Hahaha, thanks for answers... I was looking for original box and receipt, and I cannot find it, I probably throw it away days after I purchased phone.. Will this IMEI block work with unbranded phones?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hahaha, thanks for answers... I was looking for original box and receipt, and I cannot find it, I probably throw it away days after I purchased phone.. Will this IMEI block work with unbranded phones?

The issue with windows phones and find my phone feature has been that it can't work if the SIM card is removed. A thief only has to remove the SIM and your phone is gone.

The suggestion to get the IMEI number and report to the police/telcom company to track your phone could work. But that depends on how good the police/telcom company is in your country.

Check with your telcom for help and try harder looking for that IMEI.

A phone is a phone, regardless if it is 20USD or 600USD. Any phone can be stolen. No one will return the phone they stole just because it has a low value or is not popular. I've seen Samsun S5s being sold on the streets for 100USD. That was obviously stolen and is being sold to get rid of it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss