Just Pre-Ordered the 950XL on BH Photo website

mranieri

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Ok....i just noticed b&h just charged my card for the 950 XL....could they be preparing to ship? I thought they cant charge until they were ready to ship? Could they really be shipping soon? Anyone else get charged? Getting a little excited!

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Ok....i just noticed b&h just charged my card for the 950 XL....could they be preparing to ship? I thought they cant charge until they were ready to ship? Could they really be shipping soon? Anyone else get charged? Getting a little excited!
I ordered on Oct 26. They did the usual pre-authorization transaction on that day. B&H confirmed the next day that mine will come from their first shipment. I would expect another credit card transaction when they do ship, but nothing yet. Since theirs are coming from outside the US I have no idea the release date for whatever country that is. So wouldn't be surprised if it was earlier or if it was later than when the MS stores in the US has them.

Last edited:

mranieri

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I ordered on Oct 26. They did the usual pre-authorization transaction on that day. B&H confirmed the next day that mine will come from their first shipment. I would expect another credit card transaction when they do ship, but nothing yet. Since theirs are coming from outside the US I have no idea the release date for whatever country that is. So wouldn't be surprised if it was earlier or if it was later than when the MS stores in the US has them.
Funny, this morning I have a pending credit from them against their charge....... I guess whichever is first gets my business.... Not so excited anymore.

Zendroid1

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Doesn't BH usually have a longer wait than if you ordered directly from the source since they have to order directly from the source first? This has been my experience with using BH in the past but I've never ordered a phone from them.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Doesn't BH usually have a longer wait than if you ordered directly from the source since they have to order directly from the source first?
But since we are talking about multiple sources (markets) and some can ship sooner than others, B&H could have theirs before US MS stores. But if I was forced to GUESS at gunpoint I would probably go with B&H getting theirs later. Lots of variable though like MS maybe giving AT&T a week's head start or B&H getting their foreign market phones shipped to them directly from the factory the same day MS ships to their own stores or AT&T or any 3rd party retailer anywhere in the world.

ygtgngr

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
But since we are talking about multiple sources (markets) and some can ship sooner than others, B&H could have theirs before US MS stores. But if I was forced to GUESS at gunpoint I would probably go with B&H getting theirs later. Lots of variable though like MS maybe giving AT&T a week's head start or B&H getting their foreign market phones shipped to them directly from the factory the same day MS ships to their own stores or AT&T or any 3rd party retailer anywhere in the world.
I don't think they'll have before Microsoft stores but they probably will be the first store to have dual-sim versions in US. But I also believe they will have it earlier than Dec 15th. I think that's an exaggerated date just to be safe if the OS delays or something...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett