Earphones problem

Smart_S

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
I'll go straight to the point. When I plug my earphones in and play music it plays for some time and then stops and then I resume the music and after some time it does the same thing again. So I did some tests and came to the conclusion that when I plug the earphones it goes into "headphone mode" for about 10 seconds gets back to "normal mode" for a second or two and then back to "headphone mode" again. And it does so repeatedly. I tried using other headphones/earphones, soft reset and hard reset and the problem still occurs. So i got here hoping for getting a solution which doesn't make me send my phone to repair. Any DIY solution would be preferred.

Demian Mioc

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Either proximity sensor or earphones issue. To make sure try various models of earphones to see if issue continues with all models plugged in. It would be nice that you wrote brand and specs of your model. Faulty Nokia/Coloud earphones tend to create problems with music reproduction which you have described. If you have warranty bring them to repair, or replace them. It'll fix the issue. Hope it helps.

monedetoune

May 17, 2013
Visit site
try using a contact cleaner with cotton and clean the 3.5mm hole. the contact points are springy and maybe it has lost its springiness. try to pop the back cover off, see if you can push the contact points outdisassembly0031 (2).jpg from the service manual photo, it doesn't seem like its a serviceable part. but it doesn't hurt to try right..

Smart_S

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Demian Mioc
It's not the earphones, they worked normally a week ago and I've tried others too and I got the same results.
The proximity sensor is working fine at least when I'm making a call the screen goes dark when I put it on my ear.

Tnx for the tip monedetoune. I'll try it tomorrow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99