My Local AT&T Store Has 3 Non-working Windows Phones Hidden in a Corner - How About Yours?

JenkinsEar

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
I am planning to get a 950, when available. Thought I'd drop into the local AT&T store to see if they knew when they would actually be in the store.

First of all, the little greeter at the door had never actually heard the word "Lumia." or "950' or even "Microsoft phone." She did say, "I don't know - you might look over there in that corner."

In the farthest corner of the store, there was a single panel display that did have the identifier "950XL" on it, with no manufacturer or product name beside it. There were 4 phone pedestals, one of which was empty, and the other 3 had SOB phones on them. I was unable to power up/turn on any of the three.

If this is a sign of the future, I'm afraid Windows phones are doomed.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I popped into my nearby store after data issues arose with my phone - it was ATT's problem and they fixed it the next morning.

The functional Lumia 640 and 640 XL saw placement among other phones. There was half a table with an XL, Surface(?) - something LTE. A couple other 640/XL's were put with other phones.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Maybe it is a work in progress and they haven't finished the display???

Did you ask anyone managerial?

For my part, I keep asking the Cricket people if they will follow ATT and offer the 950. They reply that they hope so...

dwaynebritton

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
The att main store near me has Lumia's in three different places. The other two, have them all but hidden 🙁 I hope Cricket carries the L950 as well!

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I doubt Cricket will carry the 950, they usually have budget phones. Working VVM from an unlocked 950 on Cricket would be welcomed, or a VVM app from them.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I talked with a Cricket unit manager extensively last week. They have a tier of phones that they offer 3rd party financing on (all 6's and S's and such). So 950 would fit in there...

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Working VVM from an unlocked 950 on Cricket would be welcomed, or a VVM app from them.

I keep hammering this on the forums.

YouMail on the web + ISeeVM App on the unlocked phone = VVM. Portable. Carrier to carrier, phone to phone, you can even change the number you use it on if need be.

VVM is there for all, just reach out and take it. It is free.

I have VVM on Cricket right now. Works on my 1520.3 and on my BLU Win HD LTE. Before that I had the same service exactly on Straight Talk and before that I used it with T-Mo. SEAMLESS, baby.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett