November 20th from ATT

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
There have been a couple of reports that the L950 will be available at AT&T on Nov 20th. Best guesses at prices are $595. Anyone planning to pick one up that day? Since I'm having to get one through my IT department, it will likely be a little after for me. I did the same thing when the 925 was released, and I seem to remember it took about a week.

Chris Phelps

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I have been reading reports about "confirmed" reports... but then the article goes on to state that another website wrote an article based on the word of someone no one can verify who is rumored to be "close to the source".

I'm not sure when the meaning of "confirmed" changed... apparently the inability to fact-check and verify means nothing now.

But my fingers are still crossed hoping it is right.

707wpfan

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I have been reading reports about "confirmed" reports... but then the article goes on to state that another website wrote an article based on the word of someone no one can verify who is rumored to be "close to the source".

I'm not sure when the meaning of "confirmed" changed... apparently the inability to fact-check and verify means nothing now.

But my fingers are still crossed hoping it is right.

Haven't you been watching Faux News? Been that way for awhile now

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
the announced pricing for the 950 on october 6th by Microsoft was 549USD.
I expect that you wont see a price above this... and "should" be 99 down with ATT contract....

I wont be buying anything on contract - i like my devices unlocked so that i can travel internationally and get updates when they become available.

DCProjMgr

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
"Sources say" should mean that the story comes from someone with first hand knowledge, but it has eroded over the years. It might still mean that at the New York Times, but on the Internet it could just be quoting someone's wild speculation .

"Confirmed" means two independent sources with first hand knowledge. The journalist may or may not disclose those sources.

"Official" means that the source is from someone on the record who is authorized to speak for the company.

The truth may be found in any of them or none of them.

wpfan2be

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Went to local AT&T store and as usual, employees did not even know what the Lumia 950 was!! I had to ask then to go to their own website and look it up. Not even the manager. Amazing! So of course, they did not have any news regarding availability... wow!

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Went to local AT&T store and as usual, employees did not even know what the Lumia 950 was!! I had to ask then to go to their own website and look it up. Not even the manager. Amazing! So of course, they did not have any news regarding availability... wow!
They're in good company.

Elton John said:
All this science I don't understand; its just my job 5 days a week...

JmpnJeronimo

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Four of the ten reps at my local store actually told me they expected the shipment soon. They said there was a display reset ordered for Thursday so they expected to be ready for a Friday launch!

Charles Hinkle

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I know someone who's friends with a store manager of a local AT&T. He's said 11/20 is the date and they're waiting on shipments this week. Also, the manager is expecting both 950 and the 950 XL. Not willing to bet on this info though.

Skyway

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
I know someone who's friends with a store manager of a local AT&T. He's said 11/20 is the date and they're waiting on shipments this week. Also, the manager is expecting both 950 and the 950 XL. Not willing to bet on this info though.

The 950 is on AT&T's site, the XL isn't.

Last edited:

EJTwoOne

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
Same here, chat rep confirmed that they have it for release on the 20th, also said XL should be included also. Guy said interest for the phone has been "unusually high for a Windows phone".

DropPass

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Today I visited a local store and called two other nearby stores. One of the stores I talked to had no idea what the Lumia 950 was. None of the three knew when it was being released or what the contract price of the phone would be. Only one store knew for sure that they were getting them in. All three said if they do get them in, they will likely only know a couple of days prior to the arrival. Guess I will keep trying.

doghouseriley

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
My local corporate store indicated today they have no idea, and have had no marketing materials or set up. However, they said the same thing about the Priv, which arrived Monday with no advance warning. They then asked if I wanted to see the Priv, which they had on display all week, but had not yet been turned on. We turned it on and updated Android for them. They then asked why I'd carry an 830 and let me to a nice gs6 or iPhone.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte