Games created to work with Continuum

Linh321

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
besides mail office and browser, pluse a few media player apps Netflix. will there be games you can use with Continuum? games like rts age of Empire etc where you can really ditch the pc and play on your phone full screen mode with a 32 " monitor... or even fps like modern combat..

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

StevoPhilo

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
On paper this should run Wow and ESO on the lowest settings. Any dungeon crawler such as D1-D3 or Moba like LOL should work.

No I don't think it works this way. It basically takes the phone OS and puts on a large display that supports mouse and keyboard through the dock or via bluetooth. The phone is ARM based and all the games you mentioned are x86 /win32 desktop applications.

So to answer the OP I would imagine any app that is installed on the phone can be used through continuum.

Linh321

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
what I mean is that all the games that are available in the Microsoft Store that we installed on your Windows Phone.. can they be used with Continuum?

Citizen X

May 11, 2013
Visit site
what I mean is that all the games that are available in the Microsoft Store that we installed on your Windows Phone.. can they be used with Continuum?

Well none of them are coded to work with a mouse nor keyboard so no. However I'm sure even currently, assuming you have a miracast capable phone and TV, you can mirror your phone's display on the TV. Of course there is the very real possibility of lag.

Linh321

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
mua cast lag and drains battery really fast. even when you're plugged into a wall that battery won't hold up long especially if you have WiFi or data lte on.
The thing with the dock from MS and it's usb type c it charges at a higher voltage so kt can keeps up with thw power draining.

Last edited:

partha_padhee

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I have used Mira cast to stream Asphalt 8 onto my TV from my 1520. It lags and its really difficult to play as well. Your brain needs to adjust to seeing the game on the tv and interacting with the touch screen.

Skyway

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
mua cast lag and drains battery really fast. even when you're plugged into a wall that battery won't hold up long especially if you have WiFi or data lte on.
The thing with the dock from MS and it's usb type c it charges at a higher voltage so kt can keeps up with thw power draining.

You don't need a usb type c to be able to charge a device and project it's screen to an external display, my Dell Venue Pro has a docking station that does that exact same thing as the Microsoft Dock for the Lumia's. It uses micro usb and charges it just fine, however the tablet runs full Windows 10. That may be the difference I don't know, but I do not that it charges perfectly fine and displays on the native and external display without a problem. This is a wired connection though, Miracast is wireless and I think Continuum might be later on (at release it will have to be plugged in).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans