Why is the battery draining away so quickly on my Lumia 1520?

Sarah Williamson1

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
why is the battery draining away so quickly on my Lumia 1520

It has been draining away quite quickly for some time now and I don't know why. I have researched online and I know about 'thirsty' apps but the only ones I have installed are the only ones I have ever used and I never had an issue with battery drain before. Phine is approx 5 months old bought brand new.

Today, for example, I unplugged it from its charge about 5 minutes before I left home, never used it in that 5 minutes and when I looked at it, the battery was on 97%.

I am at a loss as to what it might be. I have even done a 'factory reset' on it and that still didn't help.

Any ideas lovely people?

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: why is the battery draining away so quickly on my Lumia 1520

First, which OS do you have running? Windows Phone 8.1, or the Windows 10 mobile insider preview?

vertigo_x

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Try doing a soft reset immediately after pulling it off the charger (hold power + volume down until screen goes black and vibrates). My 830 has had power drain after I take it off the charger, and after a soft reset it immediately drops ~5%. After that, power drains as normal, though.

Give it a try and let us know how it goes!

Steve Thackery

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
It could also be that the battery is knackered. Plenty of people with 1520s have had to change their batteries. Looks like we're lucky if we get a couple of years out of a phone battery, these days.

Sarah Williamson1

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I tried turning it off and on again after I took it off the charge. Did this 3 times. First time it dropped to 98%. Then 97% and then 96%. It never uaed to do this when I forst got it so that is what originally made me try a hard reset but it didn't seem to help.

It is running Lumia Denim. Windows 8.1, I think. There are no updates to anything at the moment, I just looked in the settings panel.

I don't want to update my phone to windows 10 in case that knackers it altogether. I don't have another 3000dk+ for a replacement.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb