Lumia 925. Swapping the Li-Ion 2000 mAh battery (BL-4YW) with a bigger capacity one. Why is it draining so fast?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Lumia 925. Swaping the Li-Ion 2000 mAh battery (BL-4YW) with a bigger capacy one.

Hello, I will like to ask you guys for some help regarding the possibility to swap-out the battery (BL-4YW) with a bigger one, with the same voltage. One that's 3000 or at least 2500.

The battery on my lumia 925 is disturbing, having windows 8.1 i had max 6hr.
Now on windows 10 I get.. actually i get about the same.

I did all the tricks and tips, i tried everything. The battery is quite new and the fact that it drys up immediatly after using some GSP navigation is infernal. Not to mention that if i use facebook messenger 2 hrs the phone drops from 100% to 70%.

Please.. help.
Catalin.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lumia 925. Swaping the Li-Ion 2000 mAh battery (BL-4YW) with a bigger capacy one.

You could try to switch it out with a bigger battery however bear in mind a bigger battery will mean larger dimensions. So you will need a housing that will fit the larger battery. Over all in terms of aesthetics it may not look that appealing as the 925 has a unibody frame. Your best bet is to replace the battery like for like.

Plus you will need a few tools and it is really not for the faint hearted.

As you just want to replace the battery, watch the entire video and then replace the battery. You do not need to take anything else off.

https://youtu.be/fYbmLE8cUlo

Inkashu

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: Lumia 925. Swaping the Li-Ion 2000 mAh battery (BL-4YW) with a bigger capacy one.

Hey, i posted the question.

Hmm, thank you very much for the quick answer, but I don't want to replace the battery with one with the same capacity. The battery that i have was changed via warranty and it's quite new.

I wanted to know if you know of any battery that will fit, be compatible with my lumia 925. If you could recommend such. I know that bigger capacity means bigger size, but I'm betting on the fact that the phone was built in 2013, almost 3 years later maybe a 2500/3000 size battery will be the same size as 2013's 2000mh batteries.

Inkashu

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site

I don't want to change my lumia 925, I quite like it, but i want it to last longer. And I don't want an external battery or such. I want to know if it's possible and what should I look for? What voltage and amps, what size? Any information will be much appreciated.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

To be honest, I'm not aware of any sellers selling any 925 batteries now just cases like this one:

https://mugen.co/mugen-power-3200mah-battery-case-black-for-nokia-lumia-925-at-t-nokia-lumia-925-t-mobile-nokia-lumia-925.html

And that your phone is under warranty, a case would be a better bet.

Drop by the introductions http://forums.windowscentral.com/introductions/ and say hello, there are quite a few 925 users out there :).

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site

Before they have changed your battery with warranty, how long before that battery last before charging?

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site

Hey, i posted the question.

Hmm, thank you very much for the quick answer, but I don't want to replace the battery with one with the same capacity. The battery that i have was changed via warranty and it's quite new.

I wanted to know if you know of any battery that will fit, be compatible with my lumia 925. If you could recommend such. I know that bigger capacity means bigger size, but I'm betting on the fact that the phone was built in 2013, almost 3 years later maybe a 2500/3000 size battery will be the same size as 2013's 2000mh batteries.

If the battery is relatively new, you could let it cycle (100%-0%) and charge so that it will make the battery cells stretch a bit.

Inkashu

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site

Okay, they changed the battery as bonus, because i kept complaining about it.
The "new battery" has 6 mouths or so, maybe more, there is no real difference between the two, actually it's no difference at all. I always try to cycle it, and, i try at least, to never let it die completely as it read somewhere that i permanently damaged the cells.

It's really frustrating because, a couple of days ago i met with a friend bla bla, that has a lumia 625 and he drove and used GSP and then kept sending facebook messenges all morning and had like 75% left (from 0800 to 1400 aproximatly) and I barely used it, some whatsapp and some facebook messages and had 10%. We both started from 100%.

Ok, I admit, i have the developer preview windows 10 installed and he had the official latest update. But either way, i saw no real difference between the battery life my lumia 925 official version and the developer's preview. Maybe 10%/20% still he had 75% after gsp almost 45 minutes and loads of activities. I had 15% with no where nearly the same usage.

So I really asked hoping that someone had discovered some sort of aftermarket extended capacity battery that fits perfectly inside a lumia 925 device and gives it more usage.

Thanks for the interest and answers, you replied faster than expected and been good with my soul.

I re-read my message and I probably exaggerated a bit. He really had 75% and I was really impressed, I probably been left with 30%. Either way, a bit gap as my phone ended dead somewhere around 1500 :'(.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Ok, I admit, i have the developer preview windows 10 installed

There's your culprit, the insider releases don't really contain model specific firmware optimizations as such the battery drain will be somewhat higher.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99