Lumia Camera Aspect ratio (Lumia 640)

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have been using lumia 1020,920 and now a lumia 640, i would like to keep aspect ratio of Photos to be at 4:3 rather than 16:9 due to the higher megapixel output and also i like it to be this way. Also to be noted is that the Lumia 640 sensor seems to be not the multi aspect ones that has been shipping with the pureview models.

Few concerns on using the Lumia Camera 5 (app) on Lumia 640 Dual Sim (not XL):

1) In Photos setting to change aspect ratio ( we can change it to 4:3) however there is a message written below in the app that :" Videos Recorded in the aspect ratios other than 16:9 would be cropped"
why is this message there as this is photo settings and not video settings for which its already set at 1080p

2) There is slightly a purple hue to the pictures taken with flash turned on,

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
1) That would be because it's a global setting and impacts video as well not just photos?

2) Interesting, first I'm hearing of it as i don't have a 640.

Maybe others with the 640 will want to chime in?

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I've got a Lumia 640, but don't use Lumia Camera 5 because I'm using the Windows 10 Mobile preview.

I never experienced a purple hue with the flash, and that includes when I was using Lumia Camera 5 before I did the upgrade. Everything looks clear. Perhaps there is an issue with yours? Try loading the image onto a PC and make sure it isn't the phone display having a purple hue. I did have to adjust the hue image of my 640 when I first bought it, and everything has been fine since. Photos taken now look the same on my phone, laptop, and when I have prints made from the photos, so I know I'm getting a true image. Then again, mine were also tinted with direct sunlight photos, so I knew it was the display. Yours could be a defective flash.

I'm not sure why you get the message about video cropping, as I'm no longer using Lumia Camera 5 and it may have been updated since I used it last. You'll just have to do some testing to see what is going on there, I suppose.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I have been using lumia 1020,920 and now a lumia 640, i would like to keep aspect ratio of Photos to be at 4:3 rather than 16:9 due to the higher megapixel output and also i like it to be this way. Also to be noted is that the Lumia 640 sensor seems to be not the multi aspect ones that has been shipping with the pureview models.

Few concerns on using the Lumia Camera 5 (app) on Lumia 640 Dual Sim (not XL):

1) In Photos setting to change aspect ratio ( we can change it to 4:3) however there is a message written below in the app that :" Videos Recorded in the aspect ratios other than 16:9 would be cropped"
why is this message there as this is photo settings and not video settings for which its already set at 1080p

2) There is slightly a purple hue to the pictures taken with flash turned on,

1) That's because 1080p is shorthand for 1920x1080, which is at a ratio of 16:9. Hence, if you choose to record at 1080p at a 4:3 ratio, you will not be truly recording at 1080p (probably just 1440x1080 instead of 1920x1080).

2.) I have no comments on the purple hue.

At any rate, you may create a Windows Central account to Reply in this thread.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo