Which is the best rom for Lumia 930 RM-1045?

franco-vela

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi people, hope you can help me. I just bought this beautiful device and I was thinking to change the original Hong Kong rom that it has out of the box. Which rom do you think it's the best? For example, on my last device (Lumia 1020) Argentina's Rom had better battery life.
Thanks in advance and sorry for my english.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Your english is fine and much better than some around here :).

In regards to your query, that would be rather hard to gauge as battery life is generally subjective at best.

What may appear as light usage to some, will appear as medium usage to others and so on.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
ROM doesn't really affect battery life, just so you know. I think you may have experienced either the placebo effect or whatever underlying issues were fixed by a flash, not necessarily a different region.

The "best" is probably whatever is closest to your region + language as has been stated - although I might want to keep it in the ROM it came from. Unless its carrier branded, non-branded is good.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
ROM doesn't really affect battery life
They do depending on the ROM version and the bundled goodies with it. Some versions are better optimized for certain regions (LTE disabled for Lumia 920 Indian CV to save battery). As long as the ROMs are more or less of the same versions then yes, battery life does not differ much.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
They do depending on the ROM version and the bundled goodies with it. Some versions are better optimized for certain regions (LTE disabled for Lumia 920 Indian CV to save battery). As long as the ROMs are more or less of the same versions then yes, battery life does not differ much.

I stand corrected!

franco-vela

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks to all for your answers. I'm from Argentina, there aren't rom's from that country because the phone didn't arrive to the country yet (yes, we take a little time for those things here, don't ask). I use english language on my devices so the rom location it's not a problem. I used the stock Hong Kong rom for two days and It's working fine. The phone warms some times on normal use like scrolling menus, web browsing or whatsapp/facebook (which I think it shouldn't) but I read that it's kinda "normal". The battery is good so far, but I don't know why but I think it should last longer (1 day with normal usage).

chris_gt

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Have a 930, from argentina too. Using the rm1045-1044, 000-HK variant. No issues for almost a year now. I get a day and a half of battery at best. You'll have no LTE reception due to band incompatibility so make sure you switch to 3g only and turn NFC off while at it to get a couple extra hours.

franco-vela

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I'm aware of that incompatibility with LTE bands (so sad) and I switched to 3G only. So far I can get a day and a half, which is good. I have the exactly same ROM

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Flash to one of these ROMs and you should be fine.

059W308: RM-1045 VAR LTA 7R CV BLACK
059W2V3: RM-1045 VAR LTA 7R CV WHITE

Both are the unbranded Latin American variant ROMs

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786