Why can't my phone connect to my PC?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Why my phone can not connect to PC?

Hell, so yesterday I updated my Lumia 930 to windows 10 mobile preview, final build 10581. By doing so I realised that the phone would no longer connect to my computer. When I do restart my phone, for a short period of time, my computer(s) recognize something, that is Lumia Boot Manager, so that makes me think that the problem is not hardware. The usb connection was working just fine on the 8.1 build. Also I have another Lumia 830 which works perfectly. Can anybody help me with this issue, did anyone experience something like this? Is is beacuse of the OS that does not have a USB driver?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why my phone can not connect to PC?

I believe 10586 is the build being perceived as RTM, not 10581. '86 is delayed: http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...eview/393568-w10m-10586-delayed-new-post.html

Try clearing your USB drivers with this tool: View any installed/connected USB device on your system Remove any/all that are for your phone(s). Plug the 930 in again and let it install drivers.

You could revert to official with WDRT and try again: https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...singleTopic%26topic%3DFA142987&token=N6d4cTaQ

If you need to add additional information or want to post additional questions, please join the site so you can see the reply button and continue the conversation in the same thread you originally made.

Radu Basamac

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: Why my phone can not connect to PC?

First of all I would like to thank you very much for trying to help me solve this issue. I have tried what you suggested and uninstalled all drivers associated with my lumia devices. Neither my PC, nor my phone give any sings of a connection. As I said in my original posts, I think the problem is with the phone OS. When I restart my phone, for a short while, if I have my phone connected via USB to my PC, for about 5 second my laptop recognizes something under the name LumiaBtMng or something like that. It stands for Lumia Boot Manager, I supposed. So given this, I do not think that the problem is due to hardware failure, it is more like the OS is not responding to a connection. My other Lumia 830 works just fine (running latest windows 8.1 update). They are both great phones, but I really like the Lumia 930. I want to restore it to windows 8.1, problem is that if the device in not recognized, I can not manage to do so. If you need any more details on the issue, fell free to ask, I wll answer as soon as possible, as precise as I can. Thank you very much for the support!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs