Pre-order now at MS online store, US

kappatau808

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
somebeecch, had to cancel my online pre-order. freakin paypal funding keeps going to bank primary and debit card secondary. i want to use paypal credit

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
somebeecch, had to cancel my online pre-order. freakin paypal funding keeps going to bank primary and debit card secondary. i want to use paypal credit

Yea I don't get that stuff either, I had funds in my PayPal account but wanted to actually pay with my PayPal registered credit card but they wouldn't put up the option to go strictly with the CC I had to use the money in my account? Instead of stop proceeding I just let it go since I wanted my order in asap..

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Yea I don't get that stuff either, I had funds in my PayPal account but wanted to actually pay with my PayPal registered credit card but they wouldn't put up the option to go strictly with the CC I had to use the money in my account? Instead of stop proceeding I just let it go since I wanted my order in asap..
I've seen that too. But it doesn't seem to be consistently that way. Is it possible PayPal has decided to not display the CC option if the seller says they won't pay CC fees? If so, the biggest problem may be removing the step where you choose since people were conditioned to think they would have the choice after clicking the previous page. The prior page does say it will be charged to the bank account but people are used to a later option to change it so may not even pay attention to the funding source on the earlier page.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I've seen that too. But it doesn't seem to be consistently that way. Is it possible PayPal has decided to not display the CC option if the seller says they won't pay CC fees? If so, the biggest problem may be removing the step where you choose since people were conditioned to think they would have the choice after clicking the previous page. The prior page does say it will be charged to the bank account but people are used to a later option to change it so may not even pay attention to the funding source on the earlier page.

This is possible, but at the same time, I wonder if this is a Microsoft thing in general. I ordered something from them last week, paid via paypal, and the only screen I saw was that I'm agreeing to pay the amount, no option to change the card or anything. I thought it took it from my CC but nope, took from debit. ughh.

sph0308

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I already ordered 3 of them on grand opening day at MS store.
Called MS and ask if I'll have that promo dock, and they say: You have to order it on our website.
Anyone else have the same situation ?

I had a white 950XL on pre-order at the MSFT store in Frisco, Texas. Once the XL was up on the MSFT Store I called the retail store and asked them if I could get the free dock with my retail store order. The rep checked with the manager, called me back and said that the free dock only came with the online purchase. So I ordered the XL online from the MSFT store.

lallen3

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
What about us who pre-ordered at a brick & mortar store? I have a receipt from October. I'm wondering if those who reserved will be a part of the first wave. I also have an online order as a backup, but now I'm really wondering about the display dock situation.

litster

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Just wondering, has it been confirmed that Microsoft Store version of 950XL will be single-SIM only, and not the 1116 dual-SIM model?

kappatau808

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
i went to paypal pending payments and opened up microsoft order and there was this "Manage Microsoft Corporation payments" under paid with. clicked that and it showed billing details. me authorizing use of paypal for future microsoft payments. and then at the bottom was funding sources. primary said paypal balance and secondary i could change it from bank to paypal credit which i did and even got email confirmation. what's making me nervous is under pending payments it's still saying primary funding is bank and backup is debit card. i emailed paypal and even used facebook too but they still haven't replied yet.don't get paid till next week so sadly i just decided to cancel pre-order.and now pre-orders are no more. funny thing somehow when i use my phone to check microsoft store it keeps saying i have the phone in my cart.. lol.

oh yeah according to microsoft store my order is cancelled. but on paypal its still pending

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Or they had a lot available and still underestimated demand. Some people have been waiting 3 years for a new flagship. How do we know they didn't all decide to pre-order online?
Yep. Some people's glass is half full. Others keep trying to fill theirs while its upside down. Human nature. What you gonna do?

kappatau808

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
i missed the pre-order so i guess i have to wait till release but i did find a way to use paypal credit for sure. it seems you can use paypal credit as an option to send money to family. i assume it takes 3-5 days for them to transfer from their paypal to bank. and you pay 2.9% +30 cents. pay cash at the store and get the phone the same day. i havent tried it yet

Marsiss Tian

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Shame on MS's "email me when available", anyone got anything from MS for this pre-order? I placed my white 950 xl pre-order on time due to I refreshed their 950 xl page almost everyday...... Usually ship by means that date is the last day they'll initiate their shipment, hoping MS will not delay the shipment, I want my phone before thanksgiving.

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

This happened to me except I was going to use Paypal credit for the 6 months deal. I had no warning it didnt take and instead was taking out of checking..I had to call and cancel and then reorder, but of course during the "panic" the date changed from 11/25 to 12/11...Damn it!

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
This happened to me except I was going to use Paypal credit for the 6 months deal. I had no warning it didnt take and instead was taking out of checking..I had to call and cancel and then reorder, but of course during the "panic" the date changed from 11/25 to 12/11...Damn it!

That truly sucks... sorry :(

kappatau808

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
i canceled mine and i figured i would just go to the store on release. talked to a few people on paypal through facebook chat. noone of them were any help. after i told them there was no option, it wasnt letting me choose funding source during checkout. all 3 of them replied the same thing, cancel the order and reorder again and choose the correct funding source

RicKaysen

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
There is something seriously wrong with the Microsoft division that deals with pre ordering new tech. They totally messed up my Surface 4 order and now they can't seem to get their act together with this phone. I'm just going to wait for it to go retail and maybe even wait for some serious reviews instead of being starstruck by the first adopter gimmes.

Marsiss Tian

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Seems like pre-order of 950 xl is back in alive. I can put black one into cart, not white one, although the pre-order now button is showed up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99