Pre-order now at MS online store, US

ordivergens

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
lucky you :) iv been trying for the past 4 days on and off, and today every 10 mins:) must have been going home around that time... congrats :0

Thanks :) Pretty excited to be honest. Had a Moto X 2014 Pure, but the battery life was terrible. I then bought a Lumia 640 XL, man I loved that phone, it was awesome. However it was pretty slow compared to my Moto X. Then I bought a Nexus 6P. Fantastic phone! Seriously! Awesome camera, blazing fast. Marshmallow on it is super quick. In the end though, I kind of missed the Windows UI... so I returned my 6P today and managed to order a 950 XL... Didn't think I would be able to order one so quick :)

It was a bit weird actually. I had the 950 XL in my cart, and when I pressed checkout, it gave me an error saying it was no longer in stock. I checked again in a few minutes and thankfully it went through. Seems like they are doing a few at a time or something.

DeathMoJo

May 24, 2015
Visit site
I wonder if a few of these today were cancelled pre-orders and ones that had failed payment validation. Seems such a short window of availability for new stock.

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if a few of these today were cancelled pre-orders and ones that had failed payment validation. Seems such a short window of availability for new stock.
Probably true. I saw in another thread someone that had Dec 11 date had cc charged this evening and was thinking a few got bumped to first batch...but not mine..lol

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks :) Pretty excited to be honest. Had a Moto X 2014 Pure, but the battery life was terrible. I then bought a Lumia 640 XL, man I loved that phone, it was awesome. However it was pretty slow compared to my Moto X. Then I bought a Nexus 6P. Fantastic phone! Seriously! Awesome camera, blazing fast. Marshmallow on it is super quick. In the end though, I kind of missed the Windows UI... so I returned my 6P today and managed to order a 950 XL... Didn't think I would be able to order one so quick :)

It was a bit weird actually. I had the 950 XL in my cart, and when I pressed checkout, it gave me an error saying it was no longer in stock. I checked again in a few minutes and thankfully it went through. Seems like they are doing a few at a time or something.

I have had mine in my cart on one computer and i guess i just need to keep pressing complete order :)
I just have to remember to refresh the discover deals 5% cash back every 2.5 hours (expires after 3 hours)

Funny thing though.... on a different computer, i dont have anything in my cart - no 950XL and no other accessories that im ordering also.. you would think that if they can sync our emails, messages and reminders between devices, that they can sync our carts also? Yes, im signed in with the same microsoft account on both... this is how amazon does it for me... no matter where i am logged in, the cart shows the same items....

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
well WOW....
i kept pressing checkout and place order for the past 5 days and it JUST went through !! :) im shocked -
white 950XL ordered with discover cash back 5% and the wireless portable battery charger too.... so i can use it on the go if required....

and yes, the credit card has a pending transaction as is the case with Discover anyway...

ordivergens

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
well WOW....
i kept pressing checkout and place order for the past 5 days and it JUST went through !! :) im shocked -
white 950XL ordered with discover cash back 5% and the wireless portable battery charger too.... so i can use it on the go if required....

and yes, the credit card has a pending transaction as is the case with Discover anyway...

Congrats man :) Persistence pays off :)

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Congrats man :) Persistence pays off :)

seems to - now i am constantly checking order status!
and i will ensure that my credit card company is told to authorize and not to deny funds... dont want to have any excuse for a cancelled order...

did you get a ship date?
i didnt... still shows "coming soon" on my confirmation and in the order history...

ordivergens

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
seems to - now i am constantly checking order status!
and i will ensure that my credit card company is told to authorize and not to deny funds... dont want to have any excuse for a cancelled order...

did you get a ship date?
i didnt... still shows "coming soon" on my confirmation and in the order history...

I've been checking my order status like crazy as well :) No ship date yet, it says 'in process' under order status but in account.microsoft.com, it says 'complete'. I am guessing it will ship soon, well... I hope it does anyways.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I've been checking my order status like crazy as well :) No ship date yet, it says 'in process' under order status but in account.microsoft.com, it says 'complete'. I am guessing it will ship soon, well... I hope it does anyways.

well - i got a shipping email from microsoft.... but it was for the portable battery charger i ordered at the same time!
the 950XL is still showing coming soon....

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
FYI guys. Both black and white are available now. Ships by Dec. 11.

yep - and it now shows "email when available" next to the "ships by dec 11" :)
also - i DID finally get two emails for availability... one for white, one for black...sometime in the early am today...
checked my order - still shows coming soon... no ships by or anything.

ordivergens

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
yep - and it now shows "email when available" next to the "ships by dec 11" :)
also - i DID finally get two emails for availability... one for white, one for black...sometime in the early am today...
checked my order - still shows coming soon... no ships by or anything.

The 'coming soon' disappeared from my order... whatever that means.

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
I ordered last night. I ordered using two different credit cards from two different companies. Hopefully MS doesn't cancel this time. I also *should* have one on hold at my local store when I get back in the country on Sunday afternoon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss