Why can't I attach a picture to a message?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Can't attach picture to a message

Nokia Lumia 830 (on AT&T). Can't attach photo to a message anymore after clicking on paper clip and selecting "Picture" option. Getting the following message "Snap some pictures and they will show up here". After about 6 second the phone goes back to a message thread. The picture gallery is not loaded. But I'm able to select and attach video from Video gallery. Already tried to reboot phone, reset camera, remove/reinsert SD without any luck.

The only way the phone allows me to attach a photo to SMS is to go to a Photos gallery first, select desired photo and attach it to a message. And the system only allows me to attach a single picture in one message. If I'm trying to attach a second picture I'm getting the same issue as I described earlier.

Would greatly appreciate community help. Thank you.

BG

jwspradlen

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: Can't attach picture to a message

Try a soft reset. Hold volume down button and power at the same time until your phone vibrates then release them. Also, not your phone updated itself, go into your Microsoft store on your phone (the marketplace if you prefer calling it that) and check to see if your apps need updating.

gbuspa

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site

Done as suggested. Still the same issue. Went to AT&T store - no result. They sent me to Microsoft store. Tech did soft restore without any luck. He advised me to backup my phone and then do a factory reset. Done that. Tried to attach a picture to a message and it did work but just for a couple of trials. Now still have the same issue.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

How big are the pictures? The pictures might be too large to send via MMS. From AT&T's site: The AT&T mobile broadband network will deliver MMS (picture, video or audio) messages of up to 1 megabyte (MB). Media file attachments will be compressed on the device prior to being sent in order to keep the message size below 1 MB. The maximum size for sending and receiving MMS messages is also dependent upon the recipient's device and the limitations of other carriers' networks (e.g., other carriers may have a lower MMS size limit than AT&T).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa