Ship date changed to Dec 11 from Nov 25 (Canada)

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Screenshot (9).png

I mean... waited for 3 years, a week shouldn't matter that much, but still kind of disappointed. Oh well, at least the black phone is back for pre-order too. Still deciding to go with white or black. I guess wouldn't matter too much if we're all gonna get the 3rd party cases.

Snoke

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Just playing safe by asking.

This 950 XL will work fine on the Rogers network ?
They aren't selling so when I get my new phone I don't want to find out it won't work.
Can anyone confirm for me.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
Just playing safe by asking.

This 950 XL will work fine on the Rogers network ?
They aren't selling so when I get my new phone I don't want to find out it won't work.
Can anyone confirm for me.
Unless Rogers is using some crazy frequency that nobody else in the world is using, it should work. Might go check the specs page and compare the wireless bands to what Rogers is running just in case.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know exact time the stores will have them in stock to full fill in-store pre-orders? :D

Are they supposed to be emailing us at some point?

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
Anyone know exact time the stores will have them in stock to full fill in-store pre-orders? :D

Are they supposed to be emailing us at some point?
Different people have gotten different answers. The rep at my local kiosk told me the 20th, others have been told the 25th, and still others the 26th.

I don't think we'll know until they're physically delivered to the stores. Just like online store chat reps had no information on when the 950 xl would be available for pre-order AN HOUR BEFORE it started taking pre-orders. Yeah, that happened. I chatted with two reps an hour before the store started taking pre-orders, and they had zero information.

Jon_Rubinstein

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
As I said before....MS has a certain disdain for these phones.....nobody knows anything.....Their Mobile Phone division is quicky becoming the biggest joke in the industry.

Skyway

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
As I said before....MS has a certain disdain for these phones.....nobody knows anything.....Their Mobile Phone division is quicky becoming the biggest joke in the industry.

Honestly, my opinion is that both of these phones were leaked like crazy. When they announced these phones on Oct 6th, Panos asked the audience (mostly comprised of journalists) 'why do you guys have to do that?' (referring to the leaks and articles written about the unannounced phones). It sounded like he wasn't too happy. Maybe that's why they are keeping their mouths shut? Trying to keep a little mystery about these devices? I dunno, just my guess.

Jon_Rubinstein

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Honestly, my opinion is that both of these phones were leaked like crazy. When they announced these phones on Oct 6th, Panos asked the audience (mostly comprised of journalists) 'why do you guys have to do that?' (referring to the leaks and articles written about the unannounced phones). It sounded like he wasn't too happy. Maybe that's why they are keeping their mouths shut? Trying to keep a little mystery about these devices? I dunno, just my guess.

This mystery has sent a lot of their target audience to other platforms....they dont have the luxury of mystery like Apple or Samsung do.....They need to put these out there and let their target audience KNOW when the hell they can get it in stores.....it is not that difficult....if it is, then people should be fired.....

Skyway

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
This mystery has sent a lot of their target audience to other platforms....they dont have the luxury of mystery like Apple or Samsung do.....They need to put these out there and let their target audience when the hell they can get it in stores.....it is not that difficult....if it is, then people should be fired.....

I understand that it may have driven some windows phone fans away, but it's also brought people from other platforms to look at this device. It did for me, I was a die hard Android user until I saw the 950. Immediately I knew this was my next phone, and I'm not the only one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6