Is the t-mobile 640 rare now?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I see none at Walmart, not even on the website. It can't ship, isn't at the store, etc. Microsoft's website doesn't even link to the Walmart listing like it used to. Has anyone seen any at any Walmarts recently? Or even on any other site, such as Best Buy, or Frys?

Come to think of it, I haven't seen the MetroPCS variant either.

(Seeing this and in general, I think I might be done with carrier phones, unless it makes sense for me.)

Alienhead95

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
It is rare. I have also been trying to find one but haven't had any luck. Another sign is, people on ebay want more than retail price for their used phone.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I don't know about rare, but T-Mobile stopped carrying the 640 some time ago, not too long after launch.
That was stupid on their end. I do remember still being able to buy it from WalMart though after that. Now, it's almost like it never existed.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
well walmart still has it it seems i guess. not something i would want since it is more money and i am using at&t through net10. wish could use internet sharing though.T-Mobile Microsoft Lumia 640 Prepaid Smartphone - Walmart.com
Is att go phone no good for you?
I use them and since it is pure att service I can use intetnet sharing and I get rollover data. $45 a month($40 with auto refill) is their cheapest package and what I pay. Since i don't use a lot of data tbh.

I hear consumer cellular is the best to go with for prepaid att and lets you have full access to att network and services as well.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
(Seeing this and in general, I think I might be done with carrier phones, unless it makes sense for me.)

I have seen the light with unlocked phones. It may cost me more upfront but I enjoy not having to deal with carrier bs. My 640 xl is my first unlocked phone and whatever 950 I get is my next.

DSR11

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Yea it seems so, I just made the same thread basically in this forum, bbecause I was about to get the Tmobile lumia 640 from walmart, it was instock on all of my stores near me, and then all of sudden, the next day literally the were all gone and out of stock, except for 1 that was too far for me.

I went and saw the AT&T version was in stock, and purchased that one, and am currently waiting for it to be unlocked. I had submitted a request and it got cancelled saying I have to wait a 2 week period due to a recent upgrade. I called and they said it was mandatory....

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Yea it seems so, I just made the same thread basically in this forum, bbecause I was about to get the Tmobile lumia 640 from walmart, it was instock on all of my stores near me, and then all of sudden, the next day literally the were all gone and out of stock, except for 1 that was too far for me.

I went and saw the AT&T version was in stock, and purchased that one, and am currently waiting for it to be unlocked. I had submitted a request and it got cancelled saying I have to wait a 2 week period due to a recent upgrade. I called and they said it was mandatory....
That's odd. Most people said they got their unlock codes in a day or two

ntice_521

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
A local Target had the t-mobile 435 for $35 (it's still selling for $70 at microsoftstore.com). No t-mobile 640s at either Target or Wall-Mart, but plenty of AT&T 640s.

james42519

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
It has been showing as Out of Stock on the WM.com site for over a month so I doubt very much if it will ever be back in stock.

it says in stock for me. can add to cart and says 2 left.

Is att go phone no good for you?
I use them and since it is pure att service I can use intetnet sharing and I get rollover data. $45 a month($40 with auto refill) is their cheapest package and what I pay. Since i don't use a lot of data tbh.
I hear consumer cellular is the best to go with for prepaid att and lets you have full access to att network and services as well.
well i get 5 GB data with net10 for $50. straight talk is $45 for unlimited and 5 GB too. phone thinks it is using at&t and says to call at&t to use internet sharing which is annoying. this is supposed to be unlocked but apparently not for this.
i looked at consumer cellular site and it seems like you have to pay for phone and data and text separately. unlimited talk is $50 and unlimited data 4GB is $40 so you are paying $90...

go phone $45 one only has 1.5GB data. that is way too low.

Last edited:

boonesmi

May 17, 2015
Visit site
That's weird - maybe they found some in the warehouse?

most likely he has a walmart near him with some still in stock.

edit to add:
for example if you set your location as zip 36204 you can order one (but you would have to drive to Talladega, AL to pick it up, lol)

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Very interesting. I don't understand why shipping would be available only for select people. I thought the point of buying from the company was for them to search ALL of their stock in every warehouse.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss