Email me when available?

StevoPhilo

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone even received a notification email saying anything about being able to pre-order the 950/950XL. I mean I did it just in case I didn't happen to keep up with the news, but I do find it odd that this option hasn't even sent anything out. I'd be a bit upset if I relied on it. Then again I don't think anyone really should at this point.

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Only thing I can think of is they meant when the phone was actually "available" for sale and not pre orders??? Guess we'll know if we start getting the emails when the phone is past the pre order stage.. Luckily most of is didn't rely on waiting for the email lol...

StevoPhilo

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Only thing I can think of is they meant when the phone was actually "available" for sale and not pre orders??? Guess we'll know if we start getting the emails when the phone is past the pre order stage.. Luckily most of is didn't rely on waiting for the email lol...

I was thinking this as well, but it would seem like most stores near me haven't received shipments of the 950 or 950XL.

desaideas1

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
No, those jerks didn't send us anything. I signed up with 3 accounts so I'd be sure to see it and got nothing. Now you can't even pre-order it anymore. WHY THE HELL NOT. SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY. This launch is garbage. How the heck do you NOT want my money to ensure that I'm a customer? Because I've just about had it.

RicKaysen

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
While I've been using Windows since my first computer, I'm relatively new to the MS store. Last month I found out what a total ClusterF*&# their pre ordering system is. My Surface 4 pre order was so royally screwed up, I cancelled it when it dragged on past the time when the tablets were available in stores. Luckily, I live in NYC and simply went to the flagship store and bought it there. It's starting to look like I'll have to do the same thing with the 950XL. It'll probably mean I'm out of luck getting the free monitor dock.

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I think you are correct didn't look at it from this angle but glad I happen to be on this site when the pre orders went live got mine in for that luck Nov 25,26,27 or what ever date that It will arrive with express shipping. I did get my email with my order info and it still says processing and directly under it there is a line saying ship it! does anyone know what that is why would there be a random SHIP IT there like that>

Daniel B1

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm in Canada and weeks ago clicked the "notify me" link on both the Canadian 950 and 950XL pages.

Pre-orders for both went live on Monday 16th. I received an email from Microsoft on Wednesday [2015-11-18 6:21 PM (EST)] regarding the 950 only, titled "Microsoft Store In-Stock Notification" and with message body:
Product availability notice

Microsoft Lumia 950

Good news: This product is now available at MicrosoftStore.ca.
Order Now

Please note that these are available only on a first-come, first-served basis.
Despite what it says, the microsoftstore.ca product page shows "Pre-order now", and near the top, "Ships by November 25th". It's also only available in Black... no White option is offered.

No 950XL email was received and in fact the Canadian 950XL page has since reverted to "email me when available", and "coming soon".

Last edited:

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
In my experience, never rely on email notifications. Those emails are sent out hours if not days after the product becomes available. They never send them out the second it becomes available. It's not just Microsoft, it's everyone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans