UK Orders from Carphonewarehouse & MS Store Price Match

sutt359

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi Guys

I had a pre order with the MS store, then cancelled to go with the carphonewarehouse as it was ?420 with a shipping date of the 3rd.

Then checked this morning its now shifted to the 12th Dec. So cancelled that order

I went on chat with the MS store to see if they price match with carphone and they do.....

Once Microsoft have taken them money, contact them and they will refund ?30 back. Dont forget you can also get 5.5% cash back from top cashback so another ?18 off :)

Hope this helps.

sutt359

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi Guys

Looks like MS UK store has taken the money from my account but no shipping email yet, has this happend to any others yet?

bells0

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Shall be doing the same for my XL order.

Ordered with MS last night and have had 2 chat confirmations that they will Pricematch as soon as my device ships.

Just hope they pricematch with buymobiles as it's even cheaper than Amazon/CPW.

busngabb

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Shall be doing the same for my XL order.

Ordered with MS last night and have had 2 chat confirmations that they will Pricematch as soon as my device ships.

Just hope they pricematch with buymobiles as it's even cheaper than Amazon/CPW.

Did they say when they will ship? It said by the 3rd but they haven't done anything yet.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

sudakoma

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I was hoping that my 950XL would ship today as they took the money on Monday but nothing yet, hopefully tomorrow as it does say 'ship by 3rd' so fingers crossed. I ordered a mozo flip case from mobilefun, who said stock was due yesterday, Tues, but it has been updated to out of stock and new delivery date is 16th Dec.

busngabb

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I was hoping that my 950XL would ship today as they took the money on Monday but nothing yet, hopefully tomorrow as it does say 'ship by 3rd' so fingers crossed. I ordered a mozo flip case from mobilefun, who said stock was due yesterday, Tues, but it has been updated to out of stock and new delivery date is 16th Dec.

Kind of naive of me but I was hoping for it to arrive tomorrow with the official UK unveiling event tonight. But no.

sudakoma

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Kind of naive of me but I was hoping for it to arrive tomorrow with the official UK unveiling event tonight. But no.

I'm still hoping though I expect it to arrive on Friday now. Still need to pick up a nano sim as I'm going from a 1020, which uses the micro sim. My 32GB SanDisk Extreme is also waiting patiently :wink:

busngabb

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm still hoping though I expect it to arrive on Friday now. Still need to pick up a nano sim as I'm going from a 1020, which uses the micro sim. My 32GB SanDisk Extreme is also waiting patiently :wink:

It's now the 3rd and no sign of shipping. I asked a Microsoft guy on the chat thing on the store and they were not aware of a date for shipping and there is no sign of it being imminent in their system. Interestingly though, you can now add the 950/950XL to the cart on the store rather than it mentioning a pre-order. So I'm still naively hoping for it being shipped today.

sutt359

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Just got off the phone from the MS store, the guy i spoke to said it should ship tomorrow and will give me a call.

I wont hold out much hope of either, as the MS store chat person said its been delayed 1 to 2 days.

busngabb

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Just got off the phone from the MS store, the guy i spoke to said it should ship tomorrow and will give me a call.

I wont hold out much hope of either, as the MS store chat person said its been delayed 1 to 2 days.

Mate in work has bought one today, dispatching today was the response when he queried it. It seems they are prioritising new orders over pre-orders. Incredibly frustrating when you consider they were handing them out like confetti at the UK unveiling in Manchester last night, so they can't claim they didn't have stock.

Omega Point

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Just spoke to store support. They went away to check and said they could not give me a date, but they requested a refund on the express shipping I paid for. Preordered on 28th October. 😠

sutt359

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I thought it was yesterday as I had an invite for the event in London. But I've seen no coverage or reports from last night.

busngabb

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I thought it was yesterday as I had an invite for the event in London. But I've seen no coverage or reports from last night.

It's on the Lumia UK Twitter feed. Queues of people being handed their phones (Our phones, LOL). Seems the event in Manchester went well, plenty of people got the phone.

I've been back on the store chat for a moan. They apologised profusely and quoted a system error around pre-order stock levels. They claimed they don't have stock to honour pre-orders currently, but expect to be shipping by 1-2 working days. When pushed on this they conceded on Tuesday being the most likely date. Interestingly this is the 8th of December, a date Amazon, Carphone Warehouse and others all had as the ship by date as early as October. So it seems those companies know Microsoft's systems better than Microsoft themselves do.

CraigGB

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
just got a email that my order from the UK MS store has been shipped, placed it on the 27th of October for one of each phone :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)