Anyone using unlocked AT&T M8 on T-Mobile in USA?

sleeve22

Banned
Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Curious about whether internet sharing will work with T-Mo? Or even MMS. Anyone out there with experience using the AT&T version on T-Mo?

TheRealMadFlint

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Internet sharing and mms works for me on my unlocked At&t M8. You will need to set up T-Mobile's apn info into the sim settings to get internet and mms access.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I can tell you that T-Mobile works perfectly on the Verizon model because I have it. Internet Sharing and MMS both work. It's a procedure but there's plenty more of the VZW versions out there than AT&T or T-Mobile.

sleeve22

Banned
Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I can tell you that T-Mobile works perfectly on the Verizon model because I have it. Internet Sharing and MMS both work. It's a procedure but there's plenty more of the VZW versions out there than AT&T or T-Mobile.
I guess I feel safer getting an update from AT&T vs. Verizon. There are a couple of factory sealed AT&T variants on eBay, but I am now debating between 950/XL and M8. Some tough choices. How are you with the camera on the M8? That is what is holding me back at this point.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I guess I feel safer getting an update from AT&T vs. Verizon. There are a couple of factory sealed AT&T variants on eBay, but I am now debating between 950/XL and M8. Some tough choices. How are you with the camera on the M8? That is what is holding me back at this point.
The Verizon model got Update 2 which as we know is only on a select few models. The camera isn't a deal breaker so much anymore. I guess through updates they've tightened up on the sharpness and low-light noise. I don't depend too much on the camera except for using Camscanner and the M8 does have better than average macro abilities. I have a Nokia 808 for photography needs.

sleeve22

Banned
Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
The Verizon model got Update 2 which as we know is only on a select few models. The camera isn't a deal breaker so much anymore. I guess through updates they've tightened up on the sharpness and low-light noise. I don't depend too much on the camera except for using Camscanner and the M8 does have better than average macro abilities. I have a Nokia 808 for photography needs.
OK, so I had trouble making up my mind. I returned my dual-sim unlocked 950 to the MS Store, and went with both the AT&T 950 as well as an AT&T M8. Whichever I can get unlocked first will be my daily driver.

Glenn Fegley

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm having issues getting MMS to work on my unlocked AT&T model. I tried entering the APN settings for T-Mobile but it won't send or receive pics. Can someone direct me to the settings that work for them?

sleeve22

Banned
Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
It is also recommended than once you enter the APN to reset your phone and then send yourself a picture to make the settings stick. I had no problems with MMS as well as internet sharing on T-Mo.

WindowsPhoneWarrior

Apr 13, 2019
Visit site

So what is the process that you speak of to get MMS to work on the Verizon model? I have the Verizon M8 and I would be curious because the MMS does not currently work on T-Mobile. Any help would be appreciated, and I am on WP8.1.

WindowsPhoneWarrior

Apr 13, 2019
Visit site
As far as I know, the Verizon model has the same GSM bands as any other M8 for Windows. Its just that you cannot access the MMS APN on the Verizon model. The funny thing is, I've seen many others get it working on 8.1, and so far nobody has said how they have done it.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
As far as I know, the Verizon model has the same GSM bands as any other M8 for Windows. Its just that you cannot access the MMS APN on the Verizon model. The funny thing is, I've seen many others get it working on 8.1, and so far nobody has said how they have done it.
This is a 5-year old phone and it’s been a while since some of us have had it. I can’t remember the steps but there’s a tutorial I posted on one of these threads that show you how to get it done. It involves tweaking some registry entries so you need to find a registry editor first. I’m sorry but I can’t remember what I had for breakfast much less a tutorial from 4 or 5 years ago.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs