Freaky 950 laying flat glitch!!

MiloTheOne

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Yes, it sounds like you have a combination of things going on.

First, the camera hump is one of the few points on contact to your table. That essentially means that your touch sensitivity will be a little compromised as many areas on the screen surface don't have a solid foundation. When you hold your phone in your hand, you're evenly distributing the contact surface, thus eliminating that situation in-hand.

Second, yes, the glass protector adds to the "problem," as we're adding even more cushion. Compounding with the first factor, I have a situation just like this with my Surface 3 if I use it on my bed. Because my bed is soft, touches don't register unless I use a little more pressure because of that lack of foundation.

I hope this is all it is in your case. That camera ring is pretty big, so that would be my first theory.

That's why I get bumpers, as for the screen protector, is there an option to turn on sensitivity on the screen? If so turn it up, I use the uber thick glass like screen protectors on my devices. The plastic/rubbery ones have always given me issues.

v535

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Probably looks like touch screen digitizer issue. You need to double check that NFC is turned off while using Qi charging.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
More information, and perhaps a video would help explain exactly what is happening (and what is not)

I had first noticed an issue with my 930 where I couldn't pull down notifications when it was on the wireless charging stand. Turns out that I have to be holding or at least touching the phone, otherwise top edge swipes will just scroll the screen; it will never pull down notifications. It's some kind conductivity thing I think. And it pertains to notification pull-down not other taps or swipes elsewhere on screen.

MSStackFan

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Hadn't seen this thread prior but I experience the same thing with my 950XL. I tried last night propping it up on a blanket on the couch so it was at an angle thinking it was a "flat" issue. Same unresponsive issue persisted. It does seem that multiple taps do eventually register but reading Cris_Kez' post, that might be creating some inadvertent "connection" that I am unaware of. Odd thing is that it's not 100% unresponsive to taps when not held, simply often times unresponsive. Having read this and doing some quick tests, it "seems" to be about the first unheld click. Oddly, it doesn't have a problem registering any following taps once it registers that first one un-held. Good insights here, will be interested if anyone else has had any other epiphanies.

i_hiker

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
Alright. I should probably do it sooner rather than later before it gets even harder to delete everything

Before you do the hard reset do you have a tempered glass screen protector installed? This seems to be a possible known cause of an unresponsive screen when your device is sitting flat on a desk.

Whoa! Sorry...should have read the entire thread.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon