Slow Motion video recording?

Skyway

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
I know it is in some builds on Insider. I'm looking for confirmation of what is seen on a live 950.

Thanks though.

Yeah both articles don't give a confirmation on the 950, but it's a feature added into the Lumia Camera app. The 950 has the camera app doesn't it? I would see no reason for it to not be there.

I hear ya though, you need official confirmation. If I would have had my 950 shipped to my house (instead of having it shipped to my in law's half way across the country), it would be in my hands right now. But alas, I relied on the estimated shipping dates from AT&T. Never again...

Hopefully someone can confirm this.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
ugh, I hate terminology gone wrong.... no camera records in slow motion, but in high framerate. because you are recording in a high framerate, you get super smooth playback at the framerate you recorded at, with the added benefit of smooth playback when you slow down the framerate.

ok, with that out of the way, if I recall, the 950 can do high framerate record, which will give you slow motion video. I don't recal the resolution though (pretty sure NOT at 4K)

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Yeah both articles don't give a confirmation on the 950, but it's a feature added into the Lumia Camera app. The 950 has the camera app doesn't it? I would see no reason for it to not be there.

I hear ya though, you need official confirmation. If I would have had my 950 shipped to my house (instead of having it shipped to my in law's half way across the country), it would be in my hands right now. But alas, I relied on the estimated shipping dates from AT&T. Never again...

Hopefully someone can confirm this.

I think he mainly wants to know if the 950 only records at 720p as the 930 does.

rafal soboczynski

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Dan commented on an article he wrote about the slow motion video update. He said that the hardware is more than capable of doing 1080p high frame rate. He said it might come in a future update.

Yea I know sd810 is capable of that (I'm not exactly sure about 808) but I was hoping they will come with this future preinstalled. Also would like 720p at 240 fps

Michael McGaha

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
I got my 950 from AT&T and it only goes up to 60fps... no 120fps option even at 720p. The AT&T site says it WILL do 120fps at 720p, but as it comes from the store, no, it doesn't, unless I'm doing it wrong.

tanders04#WN

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Took me awhile to figure out too.

You've got to wait for the camera app to update. It doesn't work "out of the box." Once the camera app updates you'll get a turtle icon on the screen, that is what you hit to do slow-mo, no messing in settings or anything

Mellfee

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Reviving this thread as I want to know the same thing. I've just got a 950 but I dont see any frame rate higher than 60fps.

Is 120 (or higher) available?

Last edited:

SlideWRX

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
This confusion is due to the poor interface. If you go into settings while in the camera, it will list several Resolution x Framerate options, and the highest one in that list is 60 fps. If you are in the camera app and select video, there will be a turtle icon at the top. That turns on the slo-mo. Supposedly that is the 120 fps setting. It is a little weird, because if you look at the file info from a slo-mo capture it says 30 fps.

It seems like the recording interface should specify the fps, and then the playback should specify the fps.

Mellfee

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
This confusion is due to the poor interface. If you are in the camera app and select video, there will be a turtle icon at the top.

Thanks, I see it now... (was it really always there..??)

I agree that for such a good camera, the interface is a little poor. Some of the settings I myself would like quick access to are burried a bit too deep, like aspect ratio for example. I would personally prefer to know what framerate I was shooting in as it makes a difference to how I'm going to use it later.

I'm still a bit confused why there isn't a Panorama feature too... or did I miss that as well?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs