How much free space is needed to install build 10586?

Dorkito

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
Hello.

I've been using a Lumia 640 XL for about a week now, and right now I have only about 500 MB free on the internal storage and a clean 16 GB SD card. I am wondering if I need to free space in order to install build 10586.

I also have a Lumia 820 which I updated yesterday, but I had hard reset it the day before, so it was clean and had about 5GB free of internal storage so, of course, no problems there.

I did like how the OS looked in that tiny screen and the improvement in Edge vs IE is notorious, so I can't wait to try it on the 640's humongous screen.

Please advice!

Dorkito

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
Well, the phone itself its working great under win10... It's responsive and looks cool.... no issues there, except that win10 really pushes the low resolution of the device fonts are a little bit smaller, and, for example, when expanding the live folders, the thin divisions on the live foler tile are unintelligible now.
In general I think w10 do work great in the 820 other than the resolution (the screen is still gorgeous) which is just a very little annoyance.

Dorkito

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
Well... I have not used the 820 much since right now the 640XL is my daily driver. The 820 never really had great battery life to begin with, my battery is 2 years old now and I have only used the phone with a sim card for about a day and a half (with moderate use) and it can barely make it to the afternoon... but again... I cannot really tell if it is worse or not.
the 820 battery never was great and I would need more time whit it to be able to tell if it is any worse.
for what is worth... the 640XL battery does feel about the same as win8.1 ... no complains there!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6