No visual voice mail :-(

eeewing

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
AT&T rep is telling me that the Lumia 950 is not VVM-compatible. Anyone had success getting it to work on their phone?

Screen Shot 2015-11-19 at 11.11.13 AM.png

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
it "should" be...try calling your voicemail 1 time. i know on my 830 and 920, vmm won't show up until either a new voicemail is left or I call voicemail, then VMM magically pops up

eeewing

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Yep, I've experienced the same in the past but that trick is not working for me. I'm hoping the AT&T rep was wrong and there's just some trick like that to get it working...

PanWorks

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Visual voicemail works fine for me. After I received my first message, I needed to enter my password and my messages appeared as expected.

When I first set up my phone, I did not restore my settings or apps. For those having problems, did you restore your settings or set up the 950 as a new phone?

eeewing

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Glad it's working for you! That means it's simply an account provisioning issue for me. I setup as a new phone, so it shouldn't be an issue with mucked-up settings...

TheKingsEighth

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Visual voicemail works fine for me. After I received my first message, I needed to enter my password and my messages appeared as expected.

When I first set up my phone, I did not restore my settings or apps. For those having problems, did you restore your settings or set up the 950 as a new phone?

Good to hear. I was just going to say usually on the other w10m builds I had to get a message first and then it prompted for the pin.

awesomeindeed

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I had to call my voicemail three times before it prompted me for my VVM password. After that, it added "voicemail" as an option on the top ribbon in the phone app.

zeke009

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
AT&T rep is telling me that the Lumia 950 is not VVM-compatible. Anyone had success getting it to work on their phone?
Using the tips posted by others, I sometimes have Visual Voicemail on my Lumia 950 that disappears frequently. Here is what I did and what I saw:
  1. Called and sent myself to voicemail
  2. Tapped on the banner about a new voicemail
  3. Was prompted for my Visual Voicemail password
  4. Voicemail appeared in the ribbon at the top
  5. It disappeared when I unlocked my phone shortly after
  6. Calling voicemail generated the prompt for the VVM prompt again, entered and now it is in the ribbon
  7. Changed screens, VVM is gone again
  8. Viewed settings from within the phone app, was prompted for the VVM, entered and it is in the ribbon again
  9. Closed the phone app multiple times and it stayed... until the last close, then I was prompted for the VVM password again

I think I just created a nag screen that will **** me off. Sweet.

PanWorks

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Using the tips posted by others, I sometimes have Visual Voicemail on my Lumia 950 that disappears frequently.

Thanks for the detailed write up. I went back to check if VVM would stay visible after navigating away from the phone app, and I am sorry to say that my VVM notification disappeared. This could result in missed calls and is a real problem.

zeke009

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the detailed write up. I went back to check if VVM would stay visible after navigating away from the phone app, and I am sorry to say that my VVM notification disappeared. This could result in missed calls and is a real problem.
I'm not sure who to be disappointed by, AT&T or Microsoft with this one.

In the end, I wish I had waited on getting the 950 until WM10 had hit RTM. However, my 920 is on its last leg. After this experience that last leg is more reliable than what I'm dealing with now.

Mallguvner

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Aren't all the Visual Voice Mail programs part of each carriers bloatware? I was intending to buy the Microsoft unlocked version directly from them. What voicemail program do they use on the phone?

Anyone know more about this?

As a business user at this point I will have to pass on the phone if this isn't quickly remedied. I already have a glass screen and case coming too just in case it suddenly became available so I guess I'll suddenly have a sale... :(

MG

TheKingsEighth

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Usually they are. Windows has it built into the phone OS. When you open the phone app it's its own section in the app. I'm wondering if the issues people are having is because technically the phone isn't supposed to be out until tomorrow so AT&Ts system is having issues.

Deofol

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Its there. It was one of the first things it asked me to set up after activation. I called, left a message, played it, and erased it. The app is built into the phone application. See pic.

wp_ss_20151119_0001.png

Mallguvner

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure who to be disappointed by, AT&T or Microsoft with this one.

In the end, I wish I had waited on getting the 950 until WM10 had hit RTM. However, my 920 is on its last leg. After this experience that last leg is more reliable than what I'm dealing with now.

I'd contact Microsoft. I can't tell you how helpful they were on getting an original Surface set up properly that I bought for my college kid. They went way overboard and even called me back when we had no idea who actually originally owned it. Got me the original installation files, etc. and explained everything I had to do. Way out of warranty. I would bet they'll have an answer.

MG

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786