Nokia Lumia 1520 Screen Shattered

ganeshinadvt

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
HI Friends

unfortunately my lumia 1520 got dropped and the screens got shattered. But my touch is working fine without issues.

Could you please guide what all parts needs to be replaced and where can i buy it for affordable price...:winktongue:

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello and welcome to Windows Central.

At least you still have your screen working.

Obviously, the screen needs to be replaced - however, I think it's not possible to replace "just" the screen without the digitizer, so whether the screen still responds or not the entire screen assembly needs to be replaced. A quick search in Amazon or eBay will give results on part replacements. However, based on previous user reports, it appears to be wiser to have a service center replace your screen for increased reliability... especially if you're after budget screen replacements where authenticity becomes questionable.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Yes, buy a complete assembly. You can't separate the glass from the LCD without significant facilities and experience.

There are a number of threads here in this forum regarding changing the screen. If you can't find what you need, ask some q's. Just a few days ago, a member posted a link to the screen they had bought.

You can do it pretty easily, with some patience. Don't force anything, and go slowly removing the battery, else you'll ruin it.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I would email and ask if it has the Synaptics chip on board. If it does, it should be OK. If not, you probably will not get double tap to wake.

ganeshinadvt

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi Gordon,

I got below reply from the seller.Is it ok to buy with them??

Dear customer,
The item is for Nokia Lumia 1520.
It is similar with the original one with high quality.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786