950 & Battery Life

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Anyone noticing excessive battery drain on their new 950?

When I'm using the phone it will drop 10% in a matter of 5-10 mins.

Already turned off all background processes and disabled glance.

Anyone else? Ideas to fix?

Skyway

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Anyone noticing excessive battery drain on their new 950?

When I'm using the phone it will drop 10% in a matter of 5-10 mins.

Already turned off all background processes and disabled glance.

Anyone else? Ideas to fix?

Give it a couple days to a week. It should settle in and give you realistic battery life.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Try putting it down.

It amazes me how ppl On this forum expect to continuously use a phone and battery not to die

Charles Hinkle

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Yes, it'll settle down after a few days. I got mine two days ago and the first day the battery seemed to drain and the phone was very warm. Now it's great.

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Try putting it down.

It amazes me how ppl On this forum expect to continuously use a phone and battery not to die

I'm not excessively using it. In fact this morning I took it off the charger at 6:30AM at 100%. All I have done today is glance at it a few times and it's 89%. So I've lost 11% in an hour not doing anything.

For comparison, my Lumia 1520 with that same usage and span of time would only drop maybe 3-4%

Skyway

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm not excessively using it. In fact this morning I took it off the charger at 6:30AM at 100%. All I have done today is glance at it a few times and it's 89%. So I've lost 11% in an hour not doing anything.

For comparison, my Lumia 1520 with that same usage and span of time would only drop maybe 3-4%

GIVE IT TIME. Don't worry about it right now, I promise you it will get better. Trust me.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

mggm100

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
"Give it a couple days to a week. It should settle in and give you realistic battery life."

That's been my experience on every smartphone I have owned.

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Dunno... Still think something strange is going on as all the reviews I read said they were getting full day battery. I made it until 3:00PM after taking off charger at 6:30AM. Only glanced at the phone a few times and made 1 five minute call.

What am I doing wrong?

jtzako

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
The new battery will take some time to settle in but you can help it along. Disable NFC (tap to share and tap to bay are on by default) as this is a big battery drain. Also configure battery saver. You can also make sure other things you don't need are turned off (Bluetooth etc).

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
The new battery will take some time to settle in but you can help it along. Disable NFC (tap to share and tap to bay are on by default) as this is a big battery drain. Also configure battery saver. You can also make sure other things you don't need are turned off (Bluetooth etc).

Good idea! Forgot to turn off NFC

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

Hey, I thought we like Windows Phone because we don't have to fiddle with it to get acceptable battery life and performance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99