Just bought lumia 950 at ATT store

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Calling around, looks like most of the stores in my area got 1-3 phones and only have 1 left. So hopefully I can get mine this afternoon.

All seem to cary the black one only. Which I don't really care since I'll be getting a Movo cover anyways.

RuleOfSines

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Got mine this morning. There wasn't a display unit... And the associate who was very nice took about 15 minutes to locate it in the backroom. Said it was the only one in store... Wow! Was tempted to get the free LG G Pad 8.0..

Had a similar thing yesterday, they weren't given any promotional material or even a working display. There was nothing to indicate the 950 was available. The rep I worked with was great though, said he liked the phone.

jazzdoc

May 20, 2005
Visit site
I went in to two stores near Portland, I'm not sure the sales folks knew what I was asking for at first, no units available.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Got mine today. Called around for a white one, and there was one on the other side of town. Come to find out, that store even had one on display. She even asked if I wanted the XL version, which I didn't think they carried (yet). Got the 950 (XL is too big).

So far, I'm very happy. Reading some of the reviews, I was afraid I would be disappointed. But I think the phone is great and the OS is far more polished than I expected. Definitely has some kinks to work out. But over solid and fast.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Got mine today. Called around for a white one, and there was one on the other side of town. Come to find out, that store even had one on display. She even asked if I wanted the XL version, which I didn't think they carried (yet). Got the 950 (XL is too big).

So far, I'm very happy. Reading some of the reviews, I was afraid I would be disappointed. But I think the phone is great and the OS is far more polished than I expected. Definitely has some kinks to work out. But over solid and fast.
Was this at an AT&T store in the U.S.?

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Guys, how does the onboard speaker sound? Ring volume, music levels? Haven't seen any mention of it?

I played some music on it last night, the rear speaker was really loud with good sound.

I am comparing this to my most recent phone the 830 and lets face it, that phone sucked.

e4et

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Hey TangledW, thanks for the info. I'm currently using a 925 and it's also not the loudest ringer around. I sometimes miss calls with it being in my pocket.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Was this at an AT&T store in the U.S.?

Yup, and I'm pretty sure she meant 950XL. She knew I was interested in the 950, so I don't see why we she would offer the XL of the 640.

That store is also only a block away from the Microsoft store, so maybe they made some deal.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
Yup, and I'm pretty sure she meant 950XL. She knew I was interested in the 950, so I don't see why we she would offer the XL of the 640.

That store is also only a block away from the Microsoft store, so maybe they made some deal.

I say that because several people have been fooled onto thinking AT&T had the 950 xl because the 640 xl was sitting next to it. Do you really think a sales associate would know the difference? They have a Windows Phone with an xl.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I say that because several people have been fooled onto thinking AT&T had the 950 xl because the 640 xl was sitting next to it. Do you really think a sales associate would know the difference? They have a Windows Phone with an xl.

Ya, agree. But she seemed quite on her game. Even knew a decent amount about my 1020 when I took it out. Certainly could be the case though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99