Canadians! Who's got their 950 XL?

phelme

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Rats. I knew I forgot something. Forgot to ask to see if they had the free dock in stock when I picked my XL up. :/ Guess I'll have to call the store.

Calydus

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Yea it's annoying but worth a shot! Especially when phone is just new now.
The only variable that'd be different is that I restored from a backup. I'll try and do a reset without using the backup, which will imply SEVERAL hours of setup again, but if MMS works than it's a win and just proves the backup tool is flawed.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Anybody managed to make their MMS work? I know it's a little bit off topic, but I'm Canadian, using it on Videotron, I can send MMS but can't receive it, and the carrier doesn't give any **** about it.

Go to cellular and sim. Make sure data is ok, go to sim 1 settings and check for update from carrier. If there's no mms apn then find it on website and enter it manually.

Calydus

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Go to cellular and sim. Make sure data is ok, go to sim 1 settings and check for update from carrier. If there's no mms apn then find it on website and enter it manually.
thanks poopy... already did that. As I send I can send fine... I cannot receive... it did that with my Lumia 830 and 920 before too... but those were branded (meaning bought from a carrier) so I always thought THAT was the issue... I guess not :(

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Loving it so far, finally almost done setting up all the apps and settings (wanted to start fresh rather than use backups..)
One major downfall for me personally is that Line is NOT COMPATIBLE with it. I hope they release an update to fix this soon because that's one of my daily communication apps so losing it is almost impossible.

Thallanor

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
I might need to take a peek at the WEM store. I pre-ordered as soon as they opened for them, so I'm hoping to nab mine. My 1520's battery is so shot it can't even boot on a "full" charge anymore. :( (Gonna attempt a battery replacement one my 950XL is up and running.) :)

anon(8966963)

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm wondering if this is a bug in Windows 10. Using Insider on my 1020, I lost ability for data and MMS... Got my new 950XL yesterday and everything works without a problem (including MMS).

Maybe try doing a hard reset?

I'm with Koodo and I had to setup the APN for MMS and data manually... I the Access point app from 8.1 was really easy to use do to the fact that I travel a lot and have sims from all over the place

thaman04

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone confirm if LTE is working good on Rogers? Also, did they have display units back in the Canadian Stores? Did they have both black and white available?

Also - do you guys get the Lumia Offers app from in-store purchases for the free dock?

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I switched language to us and region to us and now hey Cortana works.

Thanks but I'm stubborn like that... refused to switch from Alpha Cortana while on my lumia 930 haha

Did a hard reset. Entered settings and APN... Still doesn't work.
What a waste of time ... So tired.

:( sorry... and sorry if it's repeat questions for you, but you HAVE to enter settings? Cause I don't do anything and everything is taken off the sim automatically and works.

Can anyone confirm if LTE is working good on Rogers? Also, did they have display units back in the Canadian Stores? Did they have both black and white available?

Also - do you guys get the Lumia Offers app from in-store purchases for the free dock?

LTE seems fine (I see Rogers L), inside my house, not downtown core area, 1-3 bars, just clocked a speedtest of 18.75mbps down and 8.32mbps up. Varies a lot from test to test it seems.

Display units don't know, not last night.

Lumia Offers app already on the phone. Update it, then go get the dock offer.

feariam

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I have yet to receive any email or phone call from Metrotown in Burnaby BC, after pre-ordering the XL in-store in October... Might pop by after work to check on the status if I haven't gotten any notification before then. Annoying!

Thallanor

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Anybody know if there's any units to buy in west Ed? Also a normal 950

I just got back from the WEM Microsoft Store and picked up my pre-order Lumia 950XL. The lady there indicated that today they were only selling to those who pre-ordered. I never thought to ask when general sale would start, but I'm assuming within 1-2 days. Kinda knee-jerked and bought the essentials bundle and accidental damage coverage too... ouch. I'm hobbling a little bit now. :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb